Thread: How's the Weather (Grounds)

How's the Weather (Grounds)

Hal, how are the grounds looking? Sure could use some of your moisture out here in drought stricken Arizona.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

I think it's been a good season so far for growing crops, to much water in some places. It's great out today. Hopefully it will be on the dry side the end of July. There are a fair amount of skeeters out now, early A.M. and evening for the most part.

It is pretty wet right now in Oshkosh. We had a very wet June, last I heard it was the 3rd wettest on record. A lot of our other local events had problems with parking because the fields they normally use for parking were too soggy to drive vehicles on. I know a lot of farmers are not able get in the fields either because it is so wet. We are getting more rain now as I write this... Hopefully this rainy weather pattern ends soon and we can dry out a bit.

Is there a new protocol to follow if Camp Scholler is too wet to get in? After Sloshkosk, I am hoping there is some alternative ideas for all the campers.

Quote Originally Posted by izznsky View Post
    Is there a new protocol to follow if Camp Scholler is too wet to get in? After Sloshkosk, I am hoping there is some alternative ideas for all the campers.
    It's wet but not that wet. I was just up there last week, and while a few areas might be soft, it's nothing like Sloshkosh 2010. I wouldn't worry. Things tend to dry out around here this time of year anyway.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Just saw on the local news since June 1st it has rained 30 of the 38 days here in Oshkosh...and the next 10 days look wet too. Hopefully this weather pattern ends, Not only for AirVenture but for my sanity as well!

It wasn't nearly as bad as Sloshkosh, even so by the end of the week the west end of Elm street was so muddy the pump truck couldn't get to the port-a-johns to empty them, by the time we packed up they were pretty ripe! Just a suggestion, maybe before EAA adds more "improved" water/electric sites for RV's they should "improve" the roads for everybody