Thread: Worst Airline Service: Jet Blue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Worst Airline Service: Jet Blue

Some years back the was a period where airlines completely forgot that they were in the service business to real human beings. They treated people like packages as if they were Fedex, except the packages probably had it better.

One of the worst and earliest incidents was Jet Blue, who left a plane full of passengers, including parents with infants and elderly stranded on the tarmac in NY for over 9 hours. And they certainly didn't seem to care, after all, the CEO wasn't on the plane. It took passenger led protest for Congress to finally act and mostly these really long incidents are gone now. The airlines blamed it on everyone else, but once there were large fines possible, they found a cure pretty promptly,and such incidents are mostly gone now.

Now they have even hit a new low,see the story in the business section of USA Today Monday. The Jet Blue plane was again SITTING on the tarmac, Not Moving for an hour or two, and a Mother needed to take her 3 year old daughter to use the restroom. The flight nazi, refused to let the girl go, even stood in her way, until the girl had and accident and then Brunhilda refused to help the Mother try to comfort and clean up her daughter.

I just saw the CEO of J B on TV and once again he doesn't seem at all embarrased at the lack of concern, even a minimum of decency, of his company toward the public. He's s David Barger, reminds me of Sonny Barger. He makes $885,000 a year so children are likely not his concern.
    To be fair, one of their off duty pilots was on board and tried to help the Mother and child and thought the airline was wrong.

To be fair, I have stock on Southwest, of which it is up 225% and I have never ridden on j B and don't own their stock which is down about 20%.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 06-23-2014 at 03:24 PM.