Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Uhhhh,...on the forums tab on the iPhone app for 2014? it's on the app store, and it's been updated pretty regularly.
    Oh, yea, the App Store, why didn't I think of that? Thanks
    Last edited by gbrasch; 07-04-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by Foxbuilder View Post
    I'm trying to save some forums in My itinerary. When I save them there is no way to go directly back to where I was in the schedule. The back button goes directly to the first page. Then i have to remember where I was and click on the page number. Also page 6 is not working for the forums. This new site has alot of bugs. Frustrating.
    One habit I've formed over the years, and not just using the Airventure schedule but any time I'm following a link, is o right click on the link and select "Open in a new tab" from the menu that pops up. Then the page you're linking from never goes away, and you just close the new tab instead of going back

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    <snip>

Oh, and Carl - please let us know if you see specific discrepancies between the web schedule and that in the app. The data comes from the exact same source, so the app info will match the site perfectly, as of the last update. We'll be pushing those updates you're seeing pretty frequently for the next couple of weeks, then hoping to dial it back to twice a day during convention, unless there's an urgent change.
    Well, as one example, if you search for Sonex on the website, it brings up the known (to me) forum sessions, which include a Homebuilt in Review session on Monday around noon-ish. On the iPhone, searching for Sonex brings up most of the known sessions, but not the Monday HB in Review session.

If you search for "homebuilt", you get a list of what seem to be applicable forums, but not a single "Homebuilt in Review". Or HB in Review.

If you search for a presenter (Monnett in this case) on the website, you get the list of forums in which a Monnett is presenting. The iPhone app returns zero results.

If you search for RV12 or RV-12, again, there's no HB in Review whereas there is on the website.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Okay - thanks, Carl. I'll dig into this tomorrow. In the meantime, be sure to accept content updates to the app as they come.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Will the warbirds schedule (already published on the WOA website) ever make it in the website or on the apps?

Mayhemxpc - if you're talking about the Warbirds in Review schedule, that's already on the site and will be in the app as soon as we do our next content update, likely tomorrow.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

It seems that many are on line now. Last time I did a search on the iPhone zoo under "warbird" I go no matches. Now there are many.

Every time I wake up my phone there is a new update, so I should expect that things will continue to improve and be more complete. Are the movies and performances going to be on the site -- or are they there already and I can't figure out how to access them?

Overall, this is a GREAT resource.

Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    Last edited by Mayhemxpc; 07-06-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: forgot my signature

Yeah, there will be multiple updates for the next couple of weeks as schedules are finalized, new features in the app are tested, etc. During convention, we'll try to adhere to a more regular schedule, maybe twice a day as needed.

To find movies on the site:

Go to www.airventure.org
    Click Schedule
    Click Evening Entertainment
    Click Movies

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Hal- will the Airventure Apps include info on the Exhibitors?

You've done a great job on schedule management with this App.

Let me dream here,...but what if it was also map based and not only could you see the when and where of the Forums you were attending but you also picked the Exhibitors you wanted to see all laid out on a map...

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    Hal- will the Airventure Apps include info on the Exhibitors?
    Yes, absolutely. You'll start to see some of them pop up in searches, but the whole directory will go live with the next version release of the app.

You've done a great job on schedule management with this App.
    Thank you!

Let me dream here,...but what if it was also map based and not only could you see the when and where of the Forums you were attending but you also picked the Exhibitors you wanted to see all laid out on a map...
    We're not going to be able to go quite that far with this release, but you will be able to see the booth number, and, if you tap on the 4 main exhibit hangars on the map, that brings up the numbered floorplan, which should make it easier.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor