Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Schedule

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
    I seem to recall that there used to be an application that allowed you to select the sessions of interest and tailor a custom schedule. If that is no longer a feature of the site, it will be greatly missed. It was something I used to plan my week.

bob

Hi Bob -

This feature is now available on the website for both AirVenture and year-round events. You do need to be logged in to the site - as long as you are, when you browse events on the AirVenture calendar, you'll see an "Add to My Itinerary" button. When you've done that, you can view your itinerary, and bring up a printer-friendly version of the page. There is one remaining ugly bug that should be fixed shortly, and that is that the items in the itinerary are currently sorting in order of the date/time you added them, not of the date/time of the event itself.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    In the past I believe Sportys sponsored the app, I look forward to it again. EAA staff, will there be another app this year?
    Hey Glenn -

Yes! We expect to launch it within the next couple of weeks or so on iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android (phones and tablets) as well as the Amazon app store for Kindle Fire.

Watch e-Hotline and the site (http://airventure.org/app) for news of the final version's availability.

Regards -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Blackberry? (Ducking)...

Oh, glider90... Let's just say that they didn't quite meet our criteria for minimum market share when deciding which platforms to support.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

I'm trying to save some forums in My itinerary. When I save them there is no way to go directly back to where I was in the schedule. The back button goes directly to the first page. Then i have to remember where I was and click on the page number. Also page 6 is not working for the forums. This new site has alot of bugs. Frustrating.

Foxbuilder, yes, it's frustrating. I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that the iPhone app schedule isn't the same as the website schedule. I understand the need for a consistent website, and the old one was a hodge-podge of "stuff." It's also not easy to get a new site running if it's of this magnitude. Just a shame that it's happening 3 wks before Convention.

To be fair, I hated the new format schedule. however, once I started using it, I found out that I could find everything I needed via judicious use of search terms. It'll get there. Hopefully in the next week or two. They're probably still adding forums to the schedule anyway (always happens, regardless of year), so the final schedule is still simmering.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Foxbuilder, yes, it's frustrating. I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that the iPhone app schedule isn't the same as the website schedule. .
    Where do you even see a iPhone app schedule???
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by Foxbuilder View Post
    I'm trying to save some forums in My itinerary. When I save them there is no way to go directly back to where I was in the schedule. The back button goes directly to the first page. Then i have to remember where I was and click on the page number. Also page 6 is not working for the forums. This new site has alot of bugs. Frustrating.
    Here is some more feedback Hal. Page 6 still will not load. Load times, especially adding an item to an itinerary very slow. Also, if you do make it past page 6 looking for items to ad, hitting the back button, as said above, takes you back to page 1, and the page tabs on the bottom only go back up to 5, so you have to keep loading pages you have already seen to be able to get past page 6, if this makes any sense. I gave up, don't have the time. I hope a fix and phone app shows up soon. Hope this helps. Glenn
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Where do you even see a iPhone app schedule???
    Uhhhh,...on the forums tab on the iPhone app for 2014? it's on the app store, and it's been updated pretty regularly.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Here is some more feedback Hal. Page 6 still will not load. Load times, especially adding an item to an itinerary very slow. Also, if you do make it past page 6 looking for items to ad, hitting the back button, as said above, takes you back to page 1, and the page tabs on the bottom only go back up to 5, so you have to keep loading pages you have already seen to be able to get past page 6, if this makes any sense. I gave up, don't have the time. I hope a fix and phone app shows up soon. Hope this helps. Glenn

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Glenn - we're looking into it.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Uhhhh,...on the forums tab on the iPhone app for 2014? it's on the app store, and it's been updated pretty regularly.
    While version 1.0 is available for iOS in the Apple App Store right now, we won't officially be launching this year's app until the next version goes live alongside the Android version, hopefully late next week.

Oh, and Carl - please let us know if you see specific discrepancies between the web schedule and that in the app. The data comes from the exact same source, so the app info will match the site perfectly, as of the last update. We'll be pushing those updates you're seeing pretty frequently for the next couple of weeks, then hoping to dial it back to twice a day during convention, unless there's an urgent change.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor