Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Schedule

Hal,

Is it intended that the iPhone app and the iPad app will synch with each other…so "My Plan" and "My Notes" will appear on both devices?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    Hal,

Is it intended that the iPhone app and the iPad app will synch with each other…so "My Plan" and "My Notes" will appear on both devices?

Chris

(please say Yes, please say yes, please say yes...). :-) Ted

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    (please say Yes, please say yes, please say yes...). :-) Ted
    Sorry guys - not this year. This is something we'll look at for next year. It was just beyond the scope of what was achievable for this year.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal, I mentioned this in my previous thread, but on the iPhone app, I still can't search for presenter names. At least, not Monnett. That may be in the queue with the "show the times" update with Apple, but just wanted to let you know that the searches still aren't fully cooked yet.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Hal, I know you are hiding here..... Any word on the Android app release date? The iOS guys get a tease at least.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    Hal, I know you are hiding here..... Any word on the Android app release date? The iOS guys get a tease at least.....
    Hey Jim - I thought we were going to release it yesterday, but I had to go and find a bug in my testing. The developers worked on it overnight, and I'm expecting a new version from them any time now. As soon as I get it, I'll make sure that they fixed it, and then we'll push it to Google Play and Amazon. I'm told that their approval process only takes a few hours, but I don't know that with certainty - I just know it's less than the 10 days - 2 weeks required by Apple...!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Hi Hal, got the iPad updated version of the app last night and finally figured out what you meant by accepting updates of the data. The app froze after the data updates came in, but restarting it fixed the problem and all seems current. Good job, looks real good.

I notice the map that comes up and shows you where the event is located is oriented North Up. What a revolutionary idea!

I have looked through this thread carefully so I hope I didn't miss something, but what was the impetus to move away from the schedule as it existed last year? (eaaapps.org). Simple, quick and allowed you to maneuver as you wished and allowed a compact print out of the events you chose. I'm trying to use the new "master schedule" for this years event and am about to give up. Was the old system not usable? I see there are some events on it, but very little. I know the entire world seems connected at the smart phone, but pencil and paper ain't a bad option either. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    Jim -

The app is live now!

http://airventure.org/app

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Thanks!