Thread: Breezy Flights

Banned

Breezy Flights

Does anyone know whether or not there will be any Breezy flights available this year?

I think there is to be a tribute to Carl, but does this include continuing his flights? I guess that it would have to be a commercial pilot, and there may not be that much interest.

Pity, if that is so. End of yet another era? I actually posted this on the ultralight forum and Jeff Point suggested it should be mentioned here, so......

Since then, Europa Pete has posted that he thinks an "Arnie" tried last year, but EAA had to close it down - LIABILITY - .

I am an Aussie so I cannot scorn your ambulance chasers, for we are tracking that way too(twenny years behind, but running to catch up).

Oh HUM at least your FAA are not yet as confrontational as our CASA. I come to OSH to see what freedom is. EAA keep up the good work(my wife would LOVE a Breezy flight).

I've never seen a recent year go by that if there was a Breezy there (especially Doc and the rest from Illinois), they weren't giving rides all day long. Finally took my ride with them a few years back. Takes quite a while waiting and they'll bump you for a young eagle or anyone from the tower. Happened twice. Think I waited 1 1/2 - 2hrs. But after all those years of watching, it was finally me riding on one.

Quote Originally Posted by douglish View Post
    Since then, Europa Pete has posted that he thinks an "Arnie" tried last year, but EAA had to close it down - LIABILITY - .
    Pretty sure they were flying last year too.

Only on his last day, when they managed to figure out a logistical deal via the young eagles, using their liability releases. He sat covered up all week sadly. and that right after the EAA awarded him a very well deserved award for all his past years. I hope they don't do that to Arnie again this year.....if he is still generous enough to continue to volunteer his time and aircraft (fuel and wear and tear etc) what a terrific guy! He has introduce many to aviation, including my wife and kids. What a ride!

Cheers,
    Pete

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Steber View Post
    I've never seen a recent year go by that if there was a Breezy there (especially Doc and the rest from Illinois), they weren't giving rides all day long. Finally took my ride with them a few years back. Takes quite a while waiting and they'll bump you for a young eagle or anyone from the tower. Happened twice. Think I waited 1 1/2 - 2hrs. But after all those years of watching, it was finally me riding on one.
    Thanks TOM, Sounds great, - er - ahh - WHERE does one go to look for these?

Well, IF and maybe that's a big IF, their still giving rides, they were usually set up to the left of the center of the show line. Pretty much flew all morning and afternoon until the airshow. You'd be able to find them easy just by watching them taxi back. Short flight around the patch, but it was on the bucket list and it was finally crossed off.

Banned
    Thanks Tom, it's where we checked last year, just thought I'd make sure, mind we do gallop around too so.....
    Will bring my sweetie with her bucket again, never know when we tick a box, if not ... we have a hell of a time there anyway.

See you all soon, looking forward to it!