Thread: Air Venture Camping

Air Venture Camping

Can you cook at your plane in the North 40? I've never camped but am planning to this year. I don't recall ever seeing stoves when I've driven by

Alan

I answered my own question. On the AirVenture website, camping guidelines. No wood or charcoal fires. LP or white gas cook stoves are allowed. Just don't remember seeing one while wondering around the planes.

Alan

When I was in the North 40 I didn't cook because we were so close to the off-airport food venues.

Down in Vintage camping we brought food because the closest places to eat before the show opened involved walking to the North 40 and then going off field.

In fact, I've seen people using charcoal grills in aircraft campsites. Unless you're doing something patently stupid, people don't get worked up over it. There USED to be ash receptacles around. I have a little coleman two burner grill/stove I used for years. I never had any problem with carrying the little propane cans with me in the plane, but if you don't want to do that, you can buy them on field in the camp stores or just off the field in the grocery or the convenience stores in the environs of the north 40.

Used one of these stoves for a few years, but went to a smaller plane and found it was easier to purchase meals.

One of my camp mates use one of those to make coffee in the morning, I use a jet boil.