Thread: AvMap Geopilot GPS

AvMap Geopilot GPS

Anyone know anything about the AvMap GeoPilot Plus GPS? It's listed on the AvMap website, but no one seems to sell it anymore. I would think that if it was discontinued, AvMap wouldn't still have it on their website.
    Mark

2003 RANS S-10
    2011 RANS S-6S
    Zenith Cruzer

www.aircraftstickers.com Very cool aircraft stickers. Vans, RANS, Kitfox...more!

I believe this unit has been discontinued. I have an older EKPIV. And it has been very good it is not the easiest unit to use but it works well and has been rock solid. Easy to read in daylight and with the XM weather attached it has been great. The only problem I have had with it was after 6 years the internal battery went bad and every time I used it all of my settings had gone back to factory default. AVMAP. Wanted me to ship it back to the factory for battery replacement at a cost of about $400. I ordered the battery online for $6 plus shipping and replaced it myself. Has worked perfectly ever since. I would suggest you might find a used one of these on Ebay fairley cheap and would like it once you get used to it.