Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aerotique Parasol

Hello bgcurtisThank you very much for responding to this thread.All what I have about the Aerotique Parasol is an article from the Ultralight flying magazine and some other kind of infos from the yahoo groups vula pages.I would have been more that happy, being able to build a replica of the AP, as I believe that it would still been attractive.Just too sad that this construction is disappearing.My very best regards from FranceErkki :-)

Hi Bgcurtis: You still have the plans and layouts? Is there any way I could see them or get a digital copy? The rectangle tube isn't readily available (that I can find) but I am trying to reverse engineer the Aerotique from pics and tongue in cheek. Any help? John

Too sad that everything was lost, as this bird is more then interessting.

Do you remember a few things about it's construction?

Bst rgds

Erkki

I found this on Craigslist. http://limaohio.craigslist.org/rvs/3146123824.html
    The engine itself is interesting but the parasol airframe he mounted it to may be an Aerotque. At the end of the video it shows the construction of the airframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rake View Post
    I found this on Craigslist. http://limaohio.craigslist.org/rvs/3146123824.html
    The engine itself is interesting but the parasol airframe he mounted it to may be an Aerotque. At the end of the video it shows the construction of the airframe.
    Think that might be a Graham Lee Heath Parasol.

Hello BGCurtis

As you said, that most probable you were the one that had the last building instructions of the Aerotique Parasol, which were the differences to the Heath Parasol?
    What was the size of the fuselage tubing sections 3/4 x 1/2 .060 wall sections or was it more like .040?
    The Gusset sections .040?
    And how was the wing built up?
    The tailvolume, which were the tubing dimensions?
    The Landing gear, I suppose that it was built of 4130 and also here, which were the sections?

Bst rgds

Erkki

The thread is quiet old, but I'm still interested at this bird!

Ive found different pics of the Heath Parasol, but a one is missing a valuable view from the top!

does there exist such a view or even complete 3 views?

bst rgds
    Erkki

erkki67,

If you find out any more information on the Aerotique Parasol, please keep this thread alive and post it here.

I remember talking with Roland Hostettler in depth on the Aerotique Parasol back in the early 90's when I was in Wichita. I knew him through the CAF when I was active with them at that time. Roland was the one who did the covering/painting and I believe some of the wood work. He did fantastic covering and paint work. When I moved back to St. Louis I took a trip on a Saturday out to the Adventures Aloft Airport in Jonesburg, MO but they were closed. I did see in the hanger several fuselage's standing on their noses and some production tooling. The last time I saw the prototype Aerotique Parasol was in a hanger in the Greenville Airport in Greenville, Ill in the mid 90's. It was in very poor condition on flat tires - it was so dirty it was evident it had not been flown in many years. Very sad to see since I remember seeing it at Sun-N-Sun in 1984. I have a couple of pictures of it at Sun-N-Fun, and I think a couple of ultralight magazines from the 1980's stashed away in storage with articles on it. My guess is the plane is no longer around at this point in time.

Hogflyer

Hmm, I went to google maps, and did have a look on the Adventure Aloft Airport, it looks completely shut down.

the Hangars are still there, but I doubt that there are any leftovers of the parasol in there.

erkki

Wikipedia has a listing for the Aerotique Parasol, with a few photos; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerotique_Parasol