Thread: Compact Radial Engines out of business???

Compact Radial Engines out of business???

I wanted to update this post with new info on CRE- the new company in China selling engines and parts:

Carrie Zhao, Global Saleswww.fiate.netwww.compactradialengines.comTel: +86 551 6286 1828

I have a parts order in and expect parts in about 2 weeks. Prices seem same as before but shipping is pricey

Jeff

I made a routine call to Compact Radial Engines in Vancouver last week to order an MZ201 2-into-1 inlet manifold and reduction drive. I had to leave a message as no one answered. I got a call back about an hour later, from a lady who said that CRE has been sold. and they could not process my order.

I asked who the new owner was, and was told to contact someone with the email address grayzhumail @ gmail.com. The lady said that's all the info they have, no address or phone. I've sent them an email but have not gotten a reply back in a weeks time....

Does anyone know about this, or if there is any alternate source for the MZ201 parts I need?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff in Colorado
    Last edited by craddojc; 03-07-2019 at 11:46 AM.

see my thread in the hangar talk section........
    Jim Heffelfinger

The business was sold in 2016 to a Chinese company, but they are telling me that it takes 3-4- months to receive any from the date of order. This is their address:

https://fiate.net/en/h-pl.html

I do not know how reliable they are, but I recently contacted the previous owner, Leon Massa, who informed me about it. The top engine, the MZ301, is not produced any longer and several of the others have disappeared as well. Draw your own conclusions.

Cheers from Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by craddojc View Post
    I made a routine call to Compact Radial Engines in Vancouver last week to order an MZ201 2-into-1 inlet manifold and reduction drive. I had to leave a message as no one answered. I got a call back about an hour later, from a lady who said that CRE has been sold. and they could not process my order.

I asked who the new owner was, and was told to contact someone with the email address grayzhumail @ gmail.com. The lady said that's all the info they have, no address or phone. I've sent them an email but have not gotten a reply back in a weeks time....

Does anyone know about this, or if there is any alternate source for the MZ201 parts I need?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff in Colorado

Beware of companies being sold to China, sometimes they just disappear along with the parts supply and support . I was producing the Flightstar composite parts until the manufacturing rights and tooling was sold to Chinese , nothing ever came out of it.
    And we know how Chinese manufacturing of Cessna Dirtcatcher ended up.
    Disclaimer ; opinions of others will vary depending on what they’re selling.

http://the-grand-design.com/

I have had emails with a rep and he has parts and is providing some support. I will include contact info here when I get back in town.
    JIm

The few models that have gone away were part of the catalog and Leon had very few requests.

Leon is a jerk. Not surprising his company went under.