Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aerotique Parasol

Aerotique Parasol

I'm looking for the construction details or plans of the Aerotique Parasol.

Is ther anyone out there with knowlege about this bird?

Bst rgds from France

Erkki

Sorry no one has replied earlier. I'm not aware of a lot of detailed information available. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

I recall VULA (the Vintage Ultralight Association) http://vula2.org/index.html used to have scans of a long article on the Aerotique Parasol. You may have already located this site yourself, as there isn't much else that comes up when you Google search Aerotique Parasol.

It was interesting. I believe the fuse was gussetted and riveted square aluminum tubing, and the whole truss structure weighed in at around 14 pounds, or something like that. I can't seem to get the links to work anymore, the site may now be defunct. There is contact information on the page, and maybe they can provide you the photos and scans of the article that used to be posted there.

Similarly, there's the Texas Parasol, which is gussetted and riveted aluminum angle instead of square tubing. There's more information available online for that...including the ability to download plans...

Good luck.

the guys who started Aerotique actually worked for me, and I'm afraid I dont know where they are at either. Roland Hostettler of Wichita Kansas may know. His father Duane was one of the designers.

Hello Mark

Do you have any contacting details of MR. Roland Hostettler?

I just made a quick web search and coudn't find him.

Bst rgds Erkki

Roland

No I do not, He used to live in Wichita. His father Duane, lived in a 1965 Ford Econoline van!! He would travel all over the Midwest hiring himself out to do aircraft restorations. The man was an incredible craftsman. I lost track of everyone when I left Wichita in 1998. there was another Partner named Stan ..... His last name escapes me. But he actually used to work for me at Wren Aviation. Stan worked for many years for Dave Blanton Sr at Javelin Aircraft. Maybe thats enough info to do a Google search.

The Aerotique was a beautiful design, very light and designed around classic lines and construction.

Mark,
    I used to have Maintenance done at Mid Coast Aviation in St. Louis, Mo. in the early 90's and there was a mechanic (Stan I think) that said he and someone else had designed and built the Aerotique. I can't remember his last name but he seemed to know a lot about the airplane.
    Dick

Thank you folks

I've been reading in a older ultralightmagazin that two other gentlemen were involved in that project too a Mr. Bob Cowan and a Mr. Rich Kohm.

Any Ideas what happend to those?

Were to find them if still alive?

I'm going to see Jet Aviation, the new owners of the mentioned facilities in St.Louis, if they still have a emplyoiee with the first name Stan at St.Louis.

Bst rgds

Erkki

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rake View Post
    Mark,
    I used to have Maintenance done at Mid Coast Aviation in St. Louis, Mo. in the early 90's and there was a mechanic (Stan I think) that said he and someone else had designed and built the Aerotique. I can't remember his last name but he seemed to know a lot about the airplane.
    Dick
    Thats the Stan I was thinking of. I believe he and Duane sold their interest to the two other gentlemen mentioned.

Stan Truman, Finally remembered his name. Duane Hostettler was the other designer. Duane was in pretty bad health in 1980, so I dont know how he would be doing today. Anyway, good luck trying to find those guys.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Calder; 11-03-2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling

I was the last plant manager for the construction of the Aerotique
    Parasol, a fire on March 23 of 2011 destroyed all the plans and photos,
    and complete building information for the Parasol, Tri-Star, and
    Kestrel. Bob Cowan died from a gunshot wound to the head in 84 and was
    listed as a suicide. I lost track of Stan Truman who walked away from
    the company in 83. As far as I know the plans and layouts I had were all
    that was left for the information on building the Parasol.