Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bose v Lightspeed

Bose v Lightspeed

Ok gang,

Bose A20 vs. Lightspeed Zulu 2.

GO!

Both are great. Wear one for more than a few minutes, a multi-hour flight ideally, and see which one hurts your ears and your head less. They fit differently and everybody's shape is different.

It comes down to fit. Both very nice.
    The fit affects how much down gets through and the frequencies. So it is an often critically over looked item.

Tim

I'm pretty particular about my headsets so a couple of summers ago when in the market for a new headset I tried just about every one out there: Lightspeed, Bose, Beyer Dynamic, Sennheister, Flitecom, .... as well as a couple of the "in your ear" type. I came back to the Zulu.2.

I love my Lightspeed Zulus. Bose hurt my head. My noggin may be shaped different than yours. Wear them both for a little while.

I prefer my David Clarks.

I've been using David Clarks up until just a few months ago, when I picked up a pair of Quiet Technologies. There are ridiculously light and quiet, not to mention a fraction of the price. May not be for everyone, but I like them.

Both are good headsets. It really comes down to head shape and personal preferences. I've been a Lightspeed fan and user for years. But with the Zulus, every head turn causes the ear seal to open. This is just for my head shape, but I've got several friends that experienced similiar issues.

One year at Oshkosh, I marched the family back and forth between the two vendors tents. The family was split right down the middle on preferences.

I now have two Bose and two Lightspeeds in my RV-10.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Don't forget Sennheiser's....spent a lot of time at the last 2 Oshkosh's in their booth, finally bought a pair when I got my airplane flying last October, they are great!
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

I love Lightspeeds. Still fly with them in any plane except my own. In my Sonex, my head is too close to the canopy so I use Quiet Technologies when flying it.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton