Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Injury Accident in Denver

I'm somewhat amazed that he not only flew/crashed into a residence he previously owned, but felt it necessary to extract himself from the wreckage, find the garden hose, and commenced to extinguish the flames. I wonder if he helped himself to the fridge while he was there?

As as a retired law enforcement officer, I learned most "coincidences" are not coincidences.

Banned
    Planes into houses are hardly an anomaly. One of the best ever with one of the best post-crash lines ever.

http://youtu.be/DBSAeqdcZAM

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    I'm somewhat amazed that he not only flew/crashed into a residence he previously owned, but felt it necessary to extract himself from the wreckage, find the garden hose, and commenced to extinguish the flames. I wonder if he helped himself to the fridge while he was there?

As as a retired law enforcement officer, I learned most "coincidences" are not coincidences.
    I agree that the coincidence might deserve a brief official look, but it should be easy to determine if the guy had any incentive for deliberate damage.

For the rest, i don't see a problem. Many pilots have owned homes near airports, most crashes occur on or near airports. The guy sounds experienced; not unlikely he could maximize the survivability of the impact.

As for self-extricating himself from the wreck, I think that's something all of us would do.

As for getting a hose to put the fire out, the guy was apparently a firefighter. He would have known the value of knocking the fire down early.

I think he showed tremendous presence of mind in a critical situation, after what had to have been a tremendous shock. Again, what i would expect from a professional firefighter.

In any event, he showed a laudible sense of personal responsibility. He could have just walked out to the curb and dialed 911. Few would have criticized him.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    I agree that the coincidence might deserve a brief official look, but it should be easy to determine if the guy had any incentive for deliberate damage.

For the rest, i don't see a problem. Many pilots have owned homes near airports, most crashes occur on or near airports. The guy sounds experienced; not unlikely he could maximize the survivability of the impact.

As for self-extricating himself from the wreck, I think that's something all of us would do.

As for getting a hose to put the fire out, the guy was apparently a firefighter. He would have known the value of knocking the fire down early.

I think he showed tremendous presence of mind in a critical situation, after what had to have been a tremendous shock.

In any event, he showed a laudible sense of personal responsibility. He could have just walked out to the curb and dialed 911. Few would have criticized him.

Ron Wanttaja
    Exactly, and without a doubt, intriguing.