Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Injury Accident in Denver

No Injury Accident in Denver

There as a crash in the Northglen suburb of Denver yesterday. A banner towing plane was to circle the Rockies baseball game but apparently had a problem and went down at hit the side and roof of a house.

Two amazing things, despite a hard impact, and a fire the plane which looks like a Super Cub, allowed the pilot to walk away.
    And the house was unoccupied, but previously had been owned by this same pilot!

I don't believe you can call this an " Accident ". If I can see this I am sure the powers to be can see this also.

Tony

Tony, I am not sure what you mean by "If I can see this". If you have some esp on this please tell us.

Here is a little more info from the local news. The plane is a Piper PA-25 Pawnee, a crop duster which is built strongly with extra pilot protection features, thus how he could survive a head on impact, which even at slow speed must have been pretty hard. The tail, one wing and most of the fuselage were pretty intact after the crash, even if upside down in the roof of the house. The roof may have had enough give to soften the impact as the plane made a hole about 10 feet into the house. The pilot, Brian Veatch is also a firefighter, and when not injured he found a water hose at the house to fight the flames so the house did not fully burn.
    The pilot owned this same house and lived there 2000 to 2003. The current owners were not home.
    This house is not isolated, it is part of a housing area also with lots of trees.
    The police say it seems to be a conincidence, even if a strange one.
    In covering the story, the news channel used a drone helicopter to get the overhead shots. You can see the shadow of the copter rotor as it takes off.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 05-08-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Tony, I am not sure what you mean by "If I can see this". If you have some esp on this please tell us.

Here is a little more info from the local news. The plane is a Piper PA-25 Pawnee, a crop duster which is built strongly with extra pilot protection features, thus how he could survive a head on impact, which even at slow speed must have been pretty hard. The tail, one wing and most of the fuselage were pretty intact after the crash, even if upside down in the roof of the house. The roof may have had enough give to soften the impact as the plane made a hole about 10 feet into the house. The pilot, Brian Veatch is also a firefighter, and when not injured he found a water hose at the house to fight the flames so the house did not fully burn.
    The pilot owned this same house and lived there 2000 to 2003. The current owners were not home.
    This house is not isolated, it is part of a housing area also with lots of trees.
    The police say it seems to be a conincidence, even if a strange one.
    In covering the story, the news channel used a drone helicopter to get the overhead shots. You can see the shadow of the copter rotor as it takes off.

I have to agree with the police on this one.....

Tony

Let me see...I owned a home some years ago and for unknown reasons I sold it. Then many years go by and I somehow crash my airplane into this home with all these other homes around it and not hit one of them but this one home I owned sometime ago.
    This guy should play the lottery if he has that kind of luck for what are the chances of this happening.....

Tony

The only way I'd be suspicious is if his ex-wife got it in the divorce.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    The only way I'd be suspicious is if his ex-wife got it in the divorce.
    Or he'd lost it in foreclosure, like a lot of folks.

"Used to own the house" is harmless, 'though if the sentence ends, "...until he lost it to the bank/his ex-wife," it's perfectly reasonable that the local cops may talk to him a bit more. We just don't know.

I live near my airport...right under the pattern-entry zone, in fact. I've looked up and down my street to assess it as a potential forced-landing location should the engine act up. Better a street that you know, rather than one you didn't (besides, an MD lives next door to me). Though if I had previously lost the house messily, and manage to imbed the Fly Baby through the front door, I think it'd be likely that the cop's questions were a bit pointed.

Ron Wanttaja

Ron, you certainly have a vivid imagination and a sense of looking for the dark side. There is nothing at all in any news that I saw which says or hints that the pilot lost the house in foreclosure or any other way.
    And recall that foreclosures were pretty rare in 2003, when the economy and housing market were pretty good, in fact the best economy we ever had was in the 2nd Clinton term.
    The market peaked around 2007 and foreclosures escalated after that and especially in the latter part of the 2nd Bush term.
    Also this man is a firefighter so likely is able to find work.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 05-08-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Ron, you certainly have a vivid imagination and a sense of looking for the dark side.
    It's a gift. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Though if I had previously lost the house messily, and manage to imbed the Fly Baby through the front door, I think it'd be likely that the cop's questions were a bit pointed.
    lol, I had a vision of the scars left in that door by a fly baby, palm sized chip in the veneer face and one of the address numbers knocked loose.