Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Buttercup Project - Steve Wittman -First Flown in 1938

  1. #61
    planecrazzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brrrmidji , Minne-SNOW-ta
    Posts
    206

    Vac-u-form machine

    .
    Wow , impressive machine after looking at Utube homemade rigs.

    I asked Dave about posting his "contact " info in case youz guyz might need something vac-u-formed.
    Some of the things he showed me that he has designed and molded were very professional looking .
    I also learned about using Textured plastic sheets ...
    .
    Dave Ekstrom

    Director of Engineering

    4125 Hangar Drive NW

    Bemidji MN 56601

    PH 218-751-1880

    dekstrom@bemidjiaviation.com
    .
    .


  2. #62
    planecrazzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brrrmidji , Minne-SNOW-ta
    Posts
    206

    Plenum Cover

    . The scars on the aluminum were hidden with some engine turning .
    http://www.wingsforum.com/viewtopic....18465&start=75
    .
    Gotta Fly...
    .
    .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #63
    planecrazzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brrrmidji , Minne-SNOW-ta
    Posts
    206
    I got it sealed up with Chaffing material and a layer of Wool
    .
    Gotta Fly...








    Gotta Fly...
    .
    .

  4. #64
    planecrazzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brrrmidji , Minne-SNOW-ta
    Posts
    206

    Nothing to see here...

    Wow.... I was surprised to finally come back and find no replies.
    .
    I thought I posted some good stuff , obviously no one seems interested in a Buttercup...

    Saves me time ...
    .
    Gotta Fly...Baby
    JAM ( Just Another Mike )
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    843
    Well I dunno, seems folks have been following your work for some 8 years and 67,464 views? I'm not sure what you expected during this your last absence for a year from making a post? Looks to me like some nice work on this lengthy project?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17
    Sometimes your work is too good to comment on ---
    What have you been doing for the last year?
    What is this most recent part and why is a nut taped on the Knipix(sp?) pliers?

  7. #67
    planecrazzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brrrmidji , Minne-SNOW-ta
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by DonN View Post
    Sometimes your work is too good to comment on ---
    What have you been doing for the last year?
    What is this most recent part and why is a nut taped on the Knipix(sp?) pliers?

    This is an example of the Modification....I can JUMP a flange to squeeze a rivet
    Different size nuts work...I use two sizes so far.
    The tape has NO PRESSURE...It only keeps the nut aliened
    .
    I thought of this during my Plenum fabrication

    https://www.wingsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=18465&start=75#p54514
    .

    .
    Gotta Fly...
    .
    PS Thank you for the complement....That's a new one
    .

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by planecrazzzy View Post
    This is an example of the Modification....I can JUMP a flange to squeeze a rivet
    Different size nuts work...I use two sizes so far.
    The tape has NO PRESSURE...It only keeps the nut aliened
    .
    I thought of this during my Plenum fabrication

    https://www.wingsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=18465&start=75#p54514
    .

    .
    Gotta Fly...
    .
    PS Thank you for the complement....That's a new one
    .

    OK - I turned a thick (1/2") die for the rivet squeezer to jump a flange. Works great.

  9. #69
    planecrazzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brrrmidji , Minne-SNOW-ta
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Well I dunno, seems folks have been following your work for some 8 years and 67,464 views? I'm not sure what you expected during this your last absence for a year from making a post? Looks to me like some nice work on this lengthy project?
    .
    .
    Don't feel ignored... Your reply was censored ...
    .
    Gotta Fly...
    .
    PS 67 thousand? ... Thanks Frank

  10. #70
    planecrazzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Brrrmidji , Minne-SNOW-ta
    Posts
    206

    Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Hey Guys,
    I guess the Wings Forum is getting repaired and should be back in a day or so.
    I'll finally get to update my building log, , it could be viewed,but I haven't been able to post since about August ( 7 mos )
    .
    Meanwhile ...I just happen to see a picture with those knipex (?)
    The first way I was jumping a flange for riveting...The jump block was floating...it had to be held til pressure was applied.
    later I came up with using nuts because SIZES are easy to change,
    and they are held to the tool with a simple piece of tape, leaving metal to metal contact.
    .
    Gotta Fly...
    .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •