Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New EAA Web Look

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Yes, Tim - Socialflight scrapes our site for events.
    Interesting, I did not know they scrape EAA. I joined Socialflight within a few weeks of launch a long time ago.

Tim

iPad/iPhone and eyeBalls

Hal-

Forgive me but now after trying to use the new site for a couple of weeks, I have to confess to a complaint. I normally view the site on my iPad or iPhone and dearly miss the ability to pinch, stretch and resize.

The new site looks better at first blush but doesn't seem to have the auto scaling via pinch and stretch that would make it easily readable. On a computer screen, it's great, on an iPad or iPhone, I now avoid eaa.org.

Ted

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Ted -

I appreciate the feedback. Can you give me some specific examples of content/pages where you need to zoom when viewing it on phone / tablet? Unlike the old site, the new site is specifically designed to scale and actually properly fit mobile devices - in theory, you can't zoom because you don't need to.

Also, for any text-heavy content, like news articles, the new site does support IOS reader view which I use extensively on both my iPhone and iPad for several sites I use regularly. I think that might make a big difference if you haven't tried it.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

- Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I hate to say this because it makes me sound like an old blind man (not good around my AME), but after staring at a couple of hundred pages of govt fine print during the work day, my eyes are tired by the time I get home and get to review what is new at EAA on my iPad.

The font size is just too small to be comfortable so I navigate to other sites. On other sites (like this forum), I can stretch things a bit if the native font is too small. I don't get that option at eaa.org,...I think it's take it or leave it, which defeats a very usable feature on the pads.

Thanks for listening!

ted

One thing I do not like is in regard to the AirVenture schedule. I'm usually searching for events by date, so I click on a date on the calendar. If I want to see a description of a particular forum, I can just click on the title. When I'm done looking at that, and click the back button on my browser, rather than taking me back to my search results, it goes back to the beginning and I have to search by date again. When I click the back button, I would expect to go back to where I was last.

Trying to log on to the site for the first time, keep getting a service unavailable after clicking submit from member registration. Windows 8.1 Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Trying to log on to the site for the first time, keep getting a service unavailable after clicking submit from member registration. Windows 8.1 Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m
    Sorry to hear that krw20 - please send an email to membership@eaa.org so we can investigate and follow up.

Thanks-

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hi,
    I'm still seeing the pull down menu in the wrong place using Firefox 30.0 and Windows 7.
    Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  41.2 KB

Also, when logging in, after entering a password, can pressing Enter activate the Login button so I don't have to scroll down to see that button and switch to the mouse from the keyboard to press the button?

And when logging in, can I be brought back to the page I was on? It seems to always take me to my profile page.

Edit: Found one more item. On the Submit an Event on the calendar. The Start Date and End Date fields pop up a calendar to select the date. After I click on a date and press Tab, the cursor doesn't go to the time field. It then moves to the top of the page. If I manually type the date, the tab works correctly.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Last edited by PaulDow; 07-10-2014 at 08:04 AM.