Thread: Europa XS to change or drop the Exhibition category?

Europa XS to change or drop the Exhibition category?

Do you have any contacts who would help me register an Europa XS to change or drop the Exhibition category?

I've located a great airplane; but,it has this exhibition category and was built by Europa.

Maybe request my local FSDO help me re-register is as • Operating kit-built aircraft ?

Any input on this subject would be appreciated. The aircraft has 800+hrs on the airframe and was a demo / exhibition plan until 2000...

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...mbertxt=N914XS

I don't think that's possible, as it is not amateur-built, it was made by the factory, so it will have to stay experimental-exhibition.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEKEAN View Post
    Do you have any contacts who would help me register an Europa XS to change or drop the Exhibition category?

I've located a great airplane; but,it has this exhibition category and was built by Europa.

Maybe request my local FSDO help me re-register is as • Operating kit-built aircraft ?
    Are you asking about §21.191(h) ??

The airplane does not qualify for any other category of airworthiness certificate. It was not amateur built and it is not Normal or Standard category certified.

That said, Experimental Exhibition is easy to operate. Several friends have E-E airplanes and have no difficulties with where they go or maintenance.

If you really really want the airplane, I would buy it and learn how the paperwork works. Not hard at all.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS