Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New EAA Web Site Splash Page

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I think you'll find that accessing them is considerably faster than on the old site - enjoy!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The new front page looks great.
    Another suggestion: Perhaps add a "Go to Discussion Forums" button on the front page instead of navigating menus from Aviation Interest, pick selection, Discussion Forum. Personally, I've been using the eaaforums.org link since the old OSH365 site became stupid. Quick and dirty, but I'm also bypassing the front page.

+1 I liked the big yellow Forums button.

BZ! (That's navy for Well Done). Particularly the updated Advocacy issues.

Very nice! One question though. Do you have to sign on to submit an aviation event? I didn't see a generic event submission link.

Even if you were signed up on the old EAA forum you must resign or register again for this new site, I know its not a new site but its acting like one. I kept trying to log in and was told no info found. Go to the registration page enter your EAA number and all was good, it found all my info. I then had to come up with another user name but its all good.

Tony

Tony - it is an ENTIRELY new site, just FYI. Completely built from scratch to replace 20+ other sites. The only sites it hasn't integrated are eaavideo.org and this one (the forums.)

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Smitty - yes, once you log in to the new site, you'll see a submit event button on the events calendar page. Just FYI, there's a lot of work coming on the calendar in the next few weeks.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Where is the weather page that used to be on Oshkosh365.org? I can't seem to find it now and www.oshkosh365.org just redirects to the new main EAA page.

Thanks.
    pdj

Hal I understand its a new site. But the address is the same as the old one. So if one logs into the website using the same old address they will think the website or webpage has been updated not knowing the complete building was tore down and rebuilt and now in order to enter the new building one must re-enter their info and come up with a new name. This is not the case when most websites update their page.

This went deeper then just a redo of the webpage. This update wiped away all old log in info.

Tony

That main page with changing graphics is not good for a low bandwidth user (my phone), and I now have to chase multiple places to find news and blogs, which are my main use for the site (other than the forums). I really don't want multiple bookmarks.

Your style seems to be all the rage, and I've seen lots of them go this way, but I've never liked it. Looks like I'm in a very small minority, though, judging by the other posts here.

Larry N.

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    That main page with changing graphics is not good for a low bandwidth user (my phone),
    Seems nobody designs for the low bandwidth user anymore, doesn't everybody have 30Mbps or better??? I don't think so, but web designers do.