Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New EAA Web Site Splash Page

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    I guess I'm paranoid in my old age....I was wondering about tracking activity. Thanks!

Jim
    Good on you to notice. Less likely to get a virus on your machine. I still keep my hand in cybersecurity stuff and as a result of the training I am still somewhat security paranoid.

Tim

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    On my Android phone I get a reduced bandwidth version without the background image scrolling. Perhaps a selection to override the detected system could be added for full or mobile version.

I do have a problem with Firefox 28. The popup menu isn't displaying in the right spot like it does in IE
    Attachment 3825

I do have a rather older machine. It's an Acer laptop with a 1.6 Ghz Intel T2060 processor. Running Vista with 2GB RAM. When the photo changes, I get a spike of about 45% CPU usage. If course Firefox is a huge memory hog too.
    I used the Windows Network Connection Status screen, and see that after I clear cache I get about 3.5MB loaded when I go to the new eaa.org page. There may be some other background transfer going on in those 4 to 5 seconds, but I don't think it's much.
    I have the same rendering problem with Firefox 29.0
    The categories row: Membership, Avitaion etc. is displaying underneath the EAA logo, rather than to the right of the EAA logo.
    This is happening on the EAA, AirVenture and Shop EAA site pages.
    On the EAA Museum site pages the categories row is rendering correctly. (To the right of the EAA logo)
    So, however the EAA Museum categories row is built, should tell you how to fix the problem with the categories row on the EAA, AirVenture and Shop EAA site pages.

Google Chrome and IE 10 are rendering correctly.
    OS Windows 7

Those Darn Cyber Gremlins!
    Other than that the New site looks Modern "up-to-date", "new", Great!

Thanks,

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tspear View Post
    Good on you to notice. Less likely to get a virus on your machine. I still keep my hand in cybersecurity stuff and as a result of the training I am still somewhat security paranoid.

Tim
    No viruses for me....at least till someone starts writing them for Linux :-)

Not likely. There are too few of us Linux users and we're all too poor to make it worthwhile for the hackers. Especially since its a lot harder to infect a Linux machine than a Windows machine with its tons of vulnerabilities, both known and unknown. That's why all my computers are dual boot, so I always have a safe operating system to run.
    Bill

Ah, smart choice. I still use Linux mostly on my servers. I ran Linux on the desktop for years, switched to a Mac about four years ago. Mostly because the laptop support is not very good with Linux.

Tim

I noticed that all the RSS feeds (EAA, AirVenture) stopped working. Will those get turned back on at some point?

Just for situational awareness, I run a Mac, OSX, with Safari and Firefox 29. Everything works fine, looks great.

Am I the only one here, but every time I visit the home page it looks exactly the same as the last time I visited it, and the time before that, etc. Any good web page needs "action" and change, with "hot topics" in order to keep people coming back. I am not used to having to "hunt" for the news, it should "jump out at me". Just my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wsquare View Post
    Am I the only one here, but every time I visit the home page it looks exactly the same as the last time I visited it, and the time before that, etc. Any good web page needs "action" and change, with "hot topics" in order to keep people coming back. I am not used to having to "hunt" for the news, it should "jump out at me". Just my reaction.
    I agree, the old page had the new "news" articles front and center, I still haven't found a good place to find them on the new one. One other thing, many links do not display in IE8, like on the blogs page, I see no links at all in IE8 which is what is on my work computer, which is locked down so I can't put another browser on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    Just for situational awareness, I run a Mac, OSX, with Safari and Firefox 29. Everything works fine, looks great.
    The popup menu bar is in the right place with Firefox 29 now for me too. It must have healed itself.