Thread: Helicopter accident in Deleware County Ohio

Helicopter accident in Deleware County Ohio

I realize there is unfortunately little going on in the EAA with regard to EAB helicopters but thought this may be of interest to some and thus worth posting.
    The good news is they are alive and likely stay that way from the accident.

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20...elaware-County

One of the occupants has a Rotorway Exec 162F registered to him.

That was the type aircraft that crashed, believe I recall reading a 2006 model.

Very glad for them that they lived through it so now am very interested as to why it crashed?
    I don't own one but they are a popular make so am sure all Rotorway owners will be interested.
    Being an experimental don't believe there is the scrutiny associated with Certified aircraft crash investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Chips View Post
    That was the type aircraft that crashed, believe I recall reading a 2006 model.

Very glad for them that they lived through it so now am very interested as to why it crashed?
    I don't own one but they are a popular make so am sure all Rotorway owners will be interested.
    Being an experimental don't believe there is the scrutiny associated with Certified aircraft crash investigations.

This helicopter is based at the same airport at my RV-10. The CFI that was aboard also was the one that signed off on my high performance rating. At this point, there isn't much know by the locals. With the injuries, neither of the occupants have been back to the airport. If I learn something, I'll share it.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler