Ira McComic, a helicopter and gyroplane pilot, has written a new book titled, Light Sport Gyroplanes: an introductory guide for discovering these unique aircraft. It is a comprehensive primer about the latest generation of machines that have been purpose-designed to eliminate known flaws in pusher gyroplanes of the 1950s to 90s. It also makes the case for removing the Part 21 language which prohibits gyroplanes from eligibility for S-LSA production. Its color photos and model comparison charts provide a comprehensive view of the state of the modern gyroplane.

I want to thank everyone who commented and answered my original post about gyros. A year ago, gyroplanes held little interest for me. After a serendipitous meeting at a local airport, I ended up going for a ride in a Magni M16. I really fell for this machine and its capabilities and have since added to privilege as a sport pilot add-on. I am glad to see Ira's book and the coverage given to gyroplanes in Powered Sport Flying Magazine (PSF). For those who followed the earlier thread, Roy did publish an up to date list of gyro instructors across the US in the April 2014 PSF.

If you are interested in opportunities that the sport pilot rules created, my book, You Can Fly Now is available from Amazon and the EAA store.

Thanks,
John