Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotax 377 Mix or Oil Injection?

Sometimes simplicity is best. The plane has been using mixed gas since 1989 and I'll probably keep it that way. I already have the parts if I ever change my mind.

I run a 503 rotax with oil injection on it from the start and I have neither had to decarbon it or overhaul it in the 650 hours of use check through the exhaust once in awhile for carbon and virtually none exist. I have also run another 503 with oil injection on a challenger II aircraft for 350 hours with the same results.and I will install oil injection on my next project also.Maybe I'm just lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynes56 View Post
    I run a 503 rotax with oil injection on it from the start and I have neither had to decarbon it or overhaul it in the 650 hours of use check through the exhaust once in awhile for carbon and virtually none exist. I have also run another 503 with oil injection on a challenger II aircraft for 350 hours with the same results.and I will install oil injection on my next project also.Maybe I'm just lucky.

Tony

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what happened to those using oil injection and wondering why no one stepped up to talk about it. If people would do some research they would find indeed oil injection is being used with great results. Those that use oil injection really love it.

Tony

This is a little dated but some good info on installations of Rotax equipment and oil injection.

http://www.psfradio.com/impodcast/20...psf100720d.mp3

Tony