Thread: Why do I have to log in three times to get to the forums page?

Why do I have to log in three times to get to the forums page?

I go to oshkosh365.org and log in there, then I have to log in again to get to my hangar, then again to get to the forums. This is a lot of logging in and is imho completely unnecessary.
    Last edited by anelon; 10-10-2011 at 01:38 PM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I think there's a few things happening here - part of it is the fact that we're in a transition phase, since we had to split the forums off into a new site, which required a separate login from Oshkosh365 because of the new software platform.

Because they're totally separate sites, there's no need to go to Oshkosh365 at all if your destination is the forums - just go straight to eaaforums.org. The links on the homepages of EAA.org and AirVenture.org link directly here as well.

As far as being required login twice at Oshkosh365 itself, the only situation I'm aware of that causes that is a bug in the way the address is redirected if you start at Oshkos365.com instead of .org. If you start at .com, it will (incorrectly) prompt you to login before redirecting you to the real site (.org), the net effect being you do have to login twice. You can avoid this by going directly to oshkosh365.org and not .com.

But, again, if you want the forums, then there's no need whatsoever for the interim stop at Oshkosh365.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thanks, Hal.

FYI the main page <eaaforums.org> won't show me as logged in, (when I am), it only shows when I click on a thread...

Mine shows me "logged on" on all screens. It must be your browser settings.

I made a link to the main forum page so I only have to log in once if all I want to do is check the boards...
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I finally did the same thing - thanks.

-alex