Thread: Ethanol free gas near Waukesha?

Ethanol free gas near Waukesha?

Anyone know where I can find ethanol free gas near Waukesha, WI? I looked on pure-gas.org and it seems that no one sells it in Waukesha County.

You might try a Cenex station if there is one somewhere in the area. We live just of Eau Claire and I can get it from either the local Cenex station or a couple of local gas stations. I've tested them several times and they are ethanol free. Having said that I usually go about 50/50 100LL and 91 octane ethanol free. Seems to work just fine in my 0200 powered L16 (new engine so they recommend some 100LL) I ran my Cherokee 140 on auto fuel for 25 years with zero fuel troubles. I suppose it could be a southern Wisconsin (Milwaukee area) city clean air directive in your case. Mike
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Unfortunately there isn't a Cenex Station around. I can't believe this is the one area that wouldn't sell it.

There are several easy stations here in Walworth County, not close I know. You should have some your way, near busy boating areas it's likely. I test every batch with my ethanol test kit. I use 91 octane non-ethanol in about all my small engines. Shavers store at Hwy 11 and 120 has it now for $4.08 a gallon, 91 octane. That's a handful of miles South of East Troy.

Road Ranger at I-43 and Hwy 20 in East Troy has 87oct no ethanol. The Shell station across the street has 93 oct no ethanol but more expensive. The Hwy 20 exit is the first one on the Rock Freeway that is outside the EPA non-attainment zone and can sell non-ethanol gas. The East Troy airport (57C) is about a mile away and has non-ethanol mogas at the pumps if that is useful to you, I believe $4.59 last time I saw it.

Good luck, it is getting harder and harder to find.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

While I was at Capitol today I checked the fuels and they have it there. I looked online before and must have missed it.

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html

Ten mogas airports within a hundred miles? Wow.

I was specifically looking for places very close so I wouldn't have to drive out of my way just to get gas. If Capitol didn't have it the next closest airport would be a half hour away.