Thread: Do you have a cancer story?

Do you have a cancer story?

Whether directly or indirectly, everyone has a cancer story. Catch It In Time (catchitintime.org), which focuses on the early detection of cancer, is looking for aviation enthusiasts who are willing to share their story. We will have a video crew at AirVenture for the entire week. To get an idea of what we do, check out http://www.catchitintime.org/story/cary-alburn, http://www.catchitintime.org/story/chuck-aaron If you are interested, please contact me at ksinger@catchitintime.org.

Travis became our Angel on Feb 22 2011. He was 6. He became ill at 3. You can see how he changed in that video. I miss him so very much.....

Tony

You might want to head over to vintage and see Chairman Mike "Antique Denver" Costa, he's a cancer survivor.

When Travis died, I could not go up and watch him die. I sat home a cried more then I ever cried in my life. All the women in the family was up in that room with him. I could not do it...I never knew how weak I was until that day.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    When Travis died, I could not go up and watch him die. I sat home a cried more then I ever cried in my life. All the women in the family was up in that room with him. I could not do it...I never knew how weak I was until that day.

Tony
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Being with a loved one as they die is the hardest thing any of us will ever do, and the stress can make us do irrational, illogical things. That doesn't make us weak -- that makes us human.

Example: In the middle of my mom's last hour, I had to go take a quick shower. I hadn't had a chance to bathe in a couple of days, but still, it made no sense. I don't know why, but it was imperative that I take ten minutes to go get cleaned up. I've felt guilty about it ever since.

Like I said, we can do illogical things when under intense emotional stress.