Thread: Ripon approach opening time?

Ripon approach opening time?

Doing a bit of early planning as I may bring my PA-11 on Tuesday or Wednesday this year. Looks like I may stay at KDLL (Baraboo, WI) the night before, I know KOSH won't open untl 7:00 a.m. but do the controllers at Ripon start anyone down the approach a few minutes early? With sunup at 5:45 and knowing I'll have about 15 minutes between Ripon and OShkosh it would be nice to get in and on the ground as early as possible to avoid the traffic.

The controllers are at Fisk actually. It's only 8 miles to the runway from Fisk. Listen for the arrival ATIS (125.9) to be turned on and that will indicate that there's people home at Fisk. No need to rush there's hardly any traffic that early on any day of the week. I'm usually out on the Papa taxiway when the airport opens but I've got plenty of time to eat my donut and drink my coffee we get any real traffic.

My home airport is about 63 miles from RIPON, forgot the exact distance. My perfect plan has me at RIPON at 0710 or so, weather permitting. There are a few early birds but traffic has never been bad at that hour. By the time I park, tie down, & get a coffee things are ramping up.