Thread: Sonerai accident

Sonerai accident

Sadly, a Sonerai crash Sat afternoon in Denver just west of Centennial airport shortly after takeoff, and fatal to the pilot. There is no news yet as to cause, the weather was good, the pilot made it away from populated and business areas to an open field, but there was a fire upon impact.
    The report says a Sonerai II L T.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-31-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Bummer...Sad news for sure...Bill keep us updated if you can...

A sad note to hear of any pilot being lost in a crash. I know the firewall is supposed to help protect us from fire, but it seems all too frequent that there are fuel fires associated with aircraft accidents. I keep wondering what options are available to homebuilders that won't add tons of weight, and still increase the safety of flying around with a tank (or tanks) full of highly flammable liquid?

If the tanks where in the wings I would not worry as much. But being in the cockpit with me is a concern. I have no idea what happened here but I worry about fire as does anyone. Its not inflight fire that I worry about but after an off field landing.
    May this man rest in piece and may his family have piece during this very bad time.

Tony