Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movie Line-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    How in the world could "Wings" be rated PG-13? The system wasn't even out until 1968 and the first film ever rated PG 13 was 1984 ("Red Dawn"). Your point, however, is on target.
    The MPAA will rate a movie if it is being re-released. Wings was last "released" in 2012 for it's 85th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by rawheels View Post
    The MPAA will rate a movie if it is being re-released. Wings was last "released" in 2012 for it's 85th anniversary.
    Well, I leaned two new things. I tried to order "Wings" a couple of years ago and it was still unavailable then. Second, I looked up the MPAA rating guide. ANY movie with "war violence" automatically gets a PG-13.

Wings is available on Amazon Instant Video right now ($3 rental, or free for Prime members).

Probably a little boring for anyone under 13 anyway. Nudity could have been easily edited out as the "male" scene is just in the background as a door open/closes (but obvious), and the "Clara Bow boob shot" must have had someone looking frame-by-frame as it is undetectable. You can read the lips and "see" the profanity, but you have to be looking for it. TV edit probably would simply require bluring the background in the one scene.