Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAD drawing or 3D solid works model of Lycoming IO-540

Greetings EzBrit, we would like to purchase your CAD model of the Lycoming O-540 engine. We use SolidWorks 2010 to design various powerplant configurations for our customers. Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I realize that this thread is very old, but I was wondering if anybody has a copy of the O-320 CAD that Sasho showed pictures of back in 2011? I'm currently working on my bachelor thesis designing a new cooling system for our gliding clubs tow plane, and this CAD model would be a great help!

I would really appreciate any tips or a PM.

Thanks in advance,

Anton

Anton, you may reach me via http://www.flicons.com/en/contact-us/

Hi i´m interested in your model, so, how can we do the deal?
    My e-mail: lumiadrian@gmail.com

While we are on the subject of CAD models, does anybody have or know of a model for the Continental O-470 and IO-470?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasho View Post
    Anton, you may reach me via http://www.flicons.com/en/contact-us/
    Hi Sasho,
    I sent an email to you, I am curious if your drawings are available exported in a DWG or DXF version which I believe Rhino can do.
    If so let me know what your terms are?
    Regards,
    CharlieN
    President Chapter 968
    Greenmountainflyers.com
    Scratchbuilding a Piper J4 lookalike.

IO540 Solidworks model

Quote Originally Posted by EzBrit View Post
    Sasho;

I constructed this model from information contained in the IO-540-E1A5 Lycoming installation drawing. The model was built to ensure the correct location and clearances within my airframe prototype. The location of the outside surfaces, attachment points and CG are believed to be accurate. The Sump to Cylinder head Intake Tubes have been changed and the alternator has been moved to permit reduction of the cowling size in those regions. I would suggest checking the location of any points that might create clearance problems in your application. The model is in SolidWorks 2008 or 9 and is 47Megs.

Ian.

Attachment 832

Attachment 831
    Hi Ian,

Is your SW Model of the IO540 engine still available? If so, I would be interested in getting a copy. What would it cost?

Thanks,
    Jerry Fly

I forgot to include my email address. jandkfly@gmail.com

I'm building a kit plane and I need to design the engine mount and cowling as well as the baffling. This will make it much simpler.

Thanks again.

Jerry Fly

Cheers, lads and lass! I know this is quite an old thread, but I'd like to ask @Sasho , if his cad model of the Lycoming o-320 got internals too or if it's a mainly external model.
    If it is an internal model, i'd have a lot of further questions about the specs and would also ask if it is convertable to solid edge, as I'm quite new to the CAD world
    Thank you for your time.
    Mad Engineer