Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: We reached a settlement agreement with the FAA re: ATC fees for AirVenture

Quote Originally Posted by Ylinen View Post
    As I look up the PerDiem for Oshkosh it is $83 per day for lodging and $46 per day for meals and incidentals. EAA should not pay more than that even though there is no way to get a room at that rate without doubling up.

I believe it was Jack or maybe Dick that said the overtime labor was a small part of the bill.

We should also deduct the amount of fuel tax that we all pay getting to/from AV and all the gas bought on the field. Should not have to pay twice for the same service.
    If we start nit picking and driving to the letter and not the spirit of the agreement, what do you think the other side will do? This will escalate into a death spiral.

Do we want our Pink Shirts tired, kept awake by a snoring roommate and bedbug bites in a fleabag hotel? The Pink Shirts are our guardian angels.

We are better than this, we are Aviators, we take the higher ground, ahem, flight level. Let's set the example and raise FAA to where they should be.
    Last edited by TedK; 03-26-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    If we start nit picking and driving to the letter and not the spirit of the agreement, what do you think the other side will do?
    Article 11 of the agreement appears to state clearly what the other side will do. Whether 'Airventure' plays naughty or nice, the FAA Administrator has final say on any interpretation of the agreement, hence any disagreement over it. At least that's how I read it. Your mileage may vary.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 03-26-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    Article 11 of the agreement appears to state clearly what the other side will do. Whether 'Airventure' plays naughty or nice, the FAA Administrator has final say on any interpretation of the agreement, hence any disagreement over it. At least that's how I read it. Your mileage may vary.

Jim
    So, the chief hen, on behalf of all hens, signs an agreement with the fox, giving the fox the final word! .....well, the hens can always lean on that good faith thing. Regardless, all the opinions will have no affect on the past......but maybe the future?!?!?!

On the other hand, if we want the services, someone has to pay for it. Maybe it's past time Airventure pays for it's own party.

Best Regards.......George
    George Dean
    CP-ASMEL/I, S-6ES
    EAA, APA, & AOPA member
    KTYL/KGEU, EAA White Mountain Chapter 586 - Show Low Regional KSOW
    "If you go down, go down standing up"

[QUOTE=On the other hand, if we want the services, someone has to pay for it. Maybe it's past time Airventure pays for it's own party.
    [/QUOTE]

I think there is a lot of validity to this point. But also what I don't see a lot of people talk about and I am curious why is why are people not going to the state for some money? As someone who grew up in Wisconsin, the state makes MILLIONS off of airventure every year. It would make sense to me anyway to lobby for some sort of assistance from the state. I am guessing a temp sales tax increase for the week of airventure might be impossible but there has to be something the state can do to pitch in.

Quote Originally Posted by obmaha View Post
    I think there is a lot of validity to this point. But also what I don't see a lot of people talk about and I am curious why is why are people not going to the state for some money? As someone who grew up in Wisconsin, the state makes MILLIONS off of airventure every year. It would make sense to me anyway to lobby for some sort of assistance from the state. I am guessing a temp sales tax increase for the week of airventure might be impossible but there has to be something the state can do to pitch in.
    That question was asked in the webinar and the answer was as you state, no funds from the state. Good point.

Best Regards.......George
    George Dean
    CP-ASMEL/I, S-6ES
    EAA, APA, & AOPA member
    KTYL/KGEU, EAA White Mountain Chapter 586 - Show Low Regional KSOW
    "If you go down, go down standing up"

Quote Originally Posted by obmaha View Post
    I get it that OSH-AV is different, and there is certainly no fiscal reason why it couldn't pay for ATC. I'd be OK with that if it were limited to OSH and like events. My fear is that GA will have to swipe the credit card before every flight. The National Air Space, particularly for VFR flight, shouldn't be a toll road.

That is, unless we want to change the lyrics to America the Beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by Ylinen View Post
    As I look up the PerDiem for Oshkosh it is $83 per day for lodging and $46 per day for meals and incidentals. EAA should not pay more than that even though there is no way to get a room at that rate without doubling up..
    Hello? Is there some reason we can't bunk controllers in tents out in Camp Scholler?

I've slept in a tent at Airventure every year for 31 years. Or are they simply too special to do the same?

I grow weary of hearing how "special" the FAA is, and how important controllers are to AirVenture. These are tax-paid employees of ours, and it's time we reasserted control.

Besides, creating a special "ATC Compound" in Scholler could be a lot of fun for them, if they went into it with the proper attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhoneck View Post
    Hello? Is there some reason we can't bunk controllers in tents out in Camp Scholler?

I've slept in a tent at Airventure every year for 31 years. Or are they simply too special to do the same?

I grow weary of hearing how "special" the FAA is, and how important controllers are to AirVenture. These are tax-paid employees of ours, and it's time we reasserted control.

Besides, creating a special "ATC Compound" in Scholler could be a lot of fun for them, if they went into it with the proper attitude.
    No where in our Agreement does it say to do something different than the Govt Travel Regs. Why? Because you could never get them to get the exception from Office of Personnel Management or NATCA.

You want the Feds, then you get it the Fed's way.

We don't have a Contract and EAA is not FAA's client or customer.

The Pink shirted Controllers aren't coming to OSH to party. They have to work HARD and that means we aviators need them well rested.

However, the passengers of N1 should spend the night in Scholler and talk with real GA.

Please explain the exemptions and waivers that EAA says are needed to get a myriad of aircraft in and out of KOSH in one week, and why it is impossible to hold such a large fly-in there without the exemptions and waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by dougbush View Post
    Please explain the exemptions and waivers that EAA says are needed to get a myriad of aircraft in and out of KOSH in one week, and why it is impossible to hold such a large fly-in there without the exemptions and waivers.

Are you serious?