Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Turning Certificated Acft into "Experimental"

Quote Originally Posted by scott f View Post
    Paul

Well said - like anything else, if people want this they are going to have to make it known. Has anyone contacted EAA / AOPA yet and willing to share the conversation?
    I spoke with EAA yesterday. They indicated that they are certainly for the ANV/PNC portion of the ARC Recommendations but have not yet crystallized their engagement strategy.

IMO there are several issues at play and the various organizations are trying to figure out how to spend their political capital.

i think GAMA is after the Part 23 changes. EAA and AOPA appear focused on the DL Medical. Unless we make a strong demand for ANV/PNC it may be lost in the churn.

i doubt AOPA will expend much effort on ANV/PNC. I think the effort needs to come from EAA and the AEA.

BOTTOM LINE: contact EAA ADVOCACY at govt@eaa.org or tel:920-426-6522. Let's demand a forum on this at Airventure.

Interesting article on AVWEB that talks about ANV proposal. The podcast has more discussion than the article and Greg Bowles from GAMA had some nice things to say about it. Thanks Greg!

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...n221866-1.html

Howdy all,

Late to the party as usual... I have been following this PNC with much interest. I am quite disheartened to hear that the FAA is not interested in helping to sustain GA. After all when GA fails they will loose many jobs.

I was quite invigorated when I initially read the ARC. The verbiage that the author used was in my opinion revolutionary. It would seem that the proposed regulatory changes would be relatively easy to enact. It's the shift in attitude however that may prove difficult.

As the owner and restorer of a vintage twin I find that the PNC (or ANV) would be a great way to revitalize a dwindling type. I have high hopes for its implementation.

Admittedly, I have had some huge swings from glee to total dismay with the varying news I'm getting. I have spoken with several inspectors I know in the KC area. They all claim to have made contribution to the ARC in some form or fashion over the last several years. Though none of them are working on implementation currently they all agree that the PNC is part of the ARC and not a stand alone addition. They also state that it would be uncommon for part of an ARC to be excluded.

Scott, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have specific information indicating that the PNC is being excluded from enactment? I know that we tend to vilify the FAA and doubt there intentions but, is there solid proof or are we operating on doubt alone here?

If my interpretation is correct then the FAA is required by law to implement the entire ARC with no exceptions.

Pg

Pg

You are not late PG, I hope (and somewhat fear) this is just the beginning here.

See TedK's post above, it is the best advice on how to proceed that I have seen and I am sure that EAA government advocacy will be happy to answer all your questions.
    Last edited by scott f; 04-27-2014 at 11:51 AM.