Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Responses To My Poitical Emails

Responses To My Poitical Emails

This morning I received responses from Sen. Bennett and Udal, both Democrats from Colo. They are just form letters, Udal says his office gets 10,000 messages a week.
    This is in regard to asking their support for the new GAPPA bill in Congress to remove requirement for a 3rd class medical for some private pilots.
    I have not gotten a response from Scott Tipton, who unfortunately is a Republican who's support is the red neck area of the state, not where I live. He defeated Dem Rep, John Salazar, who is a good guy and had broad appeal not just as a rancher. My Son Charles actually worked in Salazar's first campaign for the house, where he defeated Tipton. I think Salazar or his brother Ken, might even be pilots.
    Tipton does claim to be anti govt regulation so who knows, he might end up supporting this.

I used both the AOPA and the EAA forms for contacting these Congressmen. I made a direct phone call as per AOPA, and sent the form letters through EAA.
    I will follow up with a direct email also next week.

I hope everyone will take a few minutes to do this, the bill might have a chance.
    I know many people may have a medical now, just as I do, but this will help others and save money and hassle for many pilots.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-15-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks for the reminder. I am going to go do this now. I'm still in my 30's but I see this as a common sense bill that affects all of us. Too many horror stories over lost medicals for ridiculous reasons and jumping through hoops and spending fist fulls of cash to get them back. This needs to pass.

I sent mine in & got 'canned responses' from Chuckie Schumer and What's-Her-Name'..

I just hope upon hope lots of members did something similar with their DC Nobility.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 03-15-2014 at 01:41 PM.

I did and posted the link to make it easy for people to do. I hear the numbers are pretty good thus far. I even used social Media to try to reach small government minded people to sing the petition. I have had at least a couple of non pilot friends sign and send letters. Tell your friends, family, and anyone else you can think of!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    This morning I received responses from Sen. Bennett and Udal, both Democrats from Colo. They are just form letters, Udal says his office gets 10,000 messages a week.
    This is in regard to asking their support for the new GAPPA bill in Congress to remove requirement for a 3rd class medical for some private pilots.
    I have not gotten a response from Scott Tipton, who unfortunately is a Republican who's support is the red neck area of the state, not where I live. He defeated Dem Rep, John Salazar, who is a good guy and had broad appeal not just as a rancher. My Son Charles actually worked in Salazar's first campaign for the house, where he defeated Tipton. I think Salazar or his brother Ken, might even be pilots.
    Tipton does claim to be anti govt regulation so who knows, he might end up supporting this.

I used both the AOPA and the EAA forms for contacting these Congressmen. I made a direct phone call as per AOPA, and sent the form letters through EAA.
    I will follow up with a direct email also next week.

I hope everyone will take a few minutes to do this, the bill might have a chance.
    I know many people may have a medical now, just as I do, but this will help others and save money and hassle for many pilots.
    Wow. Should we expect a Fox News bashing in the near future?

Has anyone thought about using Change.org or what ever the website is called. I know this website has done a lot to change a lot of things. I would not know how to write this up or I would submit this to Change.org.

Just a thought.

Tony

Today I got another reply from Sen. Mike Bennett here in Colo. about this bill. It is well written in polite language who's main objective may be to say very little.
    It does not say he supports the bill, only that he will consider it.
    One part is misleading and may indicate that he really doesn't understand the bill fully.
    He writes, "the well being of commercial and regional pilots and their passengers mush be our top priority", .
    But as I am replying to him by email, this bill only affects private gen av pilots and has nothing to do with airline or commercial pilots or their passengers.

I hope everyone has written and/or called their Congressmen.
    We probably can't do anything to reverse the FAA charge for Airventure controllers, but this bill is something that we may be able to do for us and gen av.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-29-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Go get em, A politician friend told me they assume for every letter they get 10 people don't write in.

Ray

Got a nice return note today from my senator, Tom Udall of New Mexico. He didn't make any promises, but he was upbeat on the issue and reminded me he is a member of the Congressional General Aviation Caucus. I'm satisfied.

Wonder of wonders, I got an email from Rep. Scott Tipton and it was on the favorable side. He didn't say he is for the bill, but that he is one of the sponsors for the bill.
    I didn't expect much from Tipton, as he is a Republican who got elected in our very Democratic area by support from rural parts of the district.
    But he does say he is against overregulation which resiricts business and this is that short of issue.
    If this bill passes I may even vote for Tipton.