Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Responses To My Poitical Emails

My Congressman, Hank Johnson (D), just replied in support. After much detail showing he (or staffer) had looked into the issue, he states: " I look forward to hearing from the various interested constituencies as this debate continues to unfold and will support this bill should it come before the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote during the 113th Congress."

I've corresponded with him over the years, and Congressman Johnson has always voted in the direction he said he would unless specific riders are attached (poison pills) that don't make sense. So, another potential vote of support for the bill.

The real challenge is that Senator Rockefeller is the Chairman of the committee that owns this issue. The last time on the Pilot Bill of Rights, he would not bring it before the committee for hearings or a vote. The same is true here. Until he retires on Jan 2015, this will not get a hearing. I had wished that AOPA/EAA would work with some strong sponsors to do the end run like Senator Inhofe did the last time and bring it to a floor vote without committee action. Very unusual. I doubt that the House will take action before the Senate. There is an election this year you know.