Thread: Important, needs your email or phone call.

Important, needs your email or phone call.

This is important, please take a moment to take action.
    Write an email to your house and senate member asking them to co sponsor and support the new bill in Congress, the GENERAL AVIATION PILOT PROTECTION ACT.
    This bill if passed will allow a number of gen av pilots to fly normal light airplanes without needing to obtain a 3rd class medical every two years. Many gen av singles would qualify, not just LSAs.

Please take a break and do something positive for gen av. This has some bipartisan support and a real chance to pass.

If you are an AOPA member you may have already gotten an email from them giving the details and even the phone number and email contact for the congressmen in your own state.

And please ask politely, but firmly this is not the time for any nut case bs.

Congressman and both Senators got sent messages this morning.

Jonathan Harger
    Bill, we are aking all members to use Rally Congress to send a customizable letter to representatives supporting the bill. Please use this link: http://govt.eaa.org/14781/support-ge...rotection-act/
    Phone calls, personal letters are also wonderfully effective and we encourage members to reach out using those methods if they prefer. Members can find their representatives' contact information at: http://whoismyrepresentative.com/

Jonathan, I didn't intend to short circuit your ( EAA) method of making these contacts, just that for a me at that time phone calls were easier.
    I have made the requests to my congressmen though both methods now, and will do a follow up direct email also.

How about the rest of the folks here? If everyone who griped about the price of water at EAA wrote, there would be a flood of messages going to Congress. (that's my best pun this early in the day)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Harger View Post
    Bill, we are aking all members to use Rally Congress to send a customizable letter to representatives supporting the bill. Please use this link: http://govt.eaa.org/14781/support-ge...rotection-act/
    Phone calls, personal letters are also wonderfully effective and we encourage members to reach out using those methods if they prefer. Members can find their representatives' contact information at: http://whoismyrepresentative.com/
    I posted this to my facebook page and a couple of my friends who do not fly signed it. Everyone should be posting this to facebook and passing it along. I just described what it was about and how unfair this is for pilots and how this needs to change.

Tony

Jonathan Harger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Jonathan, I didn't intend to short circuit your ( EAA) method of making these contacts, just that for a me at that time phone calls were easier.
    I have made the requests to my congressmen though both methods now, and will do a follow up direct email also.
    Bill,
    Thank you for taking action! Any way our members would like to contact representatives in support of this legislation is a good way (with the possible exception of wearing a sandwich board on Capitol Hill). I only offer the Rally Congress link as it is a convenient way for our members to send a succinct, supportive letter--I don't mean to suggest that it is the best or preferred method of contact.
    Thank you again for taking your time to make your voice heard. We're at 62 House co-sponsors so far, and hopefully with enough public support we can grow that number and start getting attention and support in the Senate.