Thread: Before I buy a Midget Mustang.

Before I buy a Midget Mustang.

Hello everyone.

>>> I've decided against this particular model due to the plans being rather unpolished and hard to read. I'm not a engineer, I want something straight forward, that is why I'm starting a new thread. Thanks all for the advice
    Last edited by Whallon.jesse; 03-14-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whallon.jesse View Post

I would love any final advice, guidance and wisdom about this particular project or those like it before I buy. Thank you.
    By replying directly to the title of your post, I think I can address the entire post rather eloquently,albeit admitting to the smart aleck I am.

"Before you buy a Midget Mustang"... PLEASE test fly an RV-3 !
    EZ Flap is the high performance upgrade for Cessna, Piper, Stinson, Maule and Beech manual flaps.
    More performance - more control - more visibility ! 100% Money Back Guarantee www.ezflaphandle.com

also realistic that this kit has changed hands at least twice over its lifetime and for good reason.
    What was that reason?

I would love any final advice, guidance and wisdom about this particular project or those like it before I buy.
    Does it come with a full set of plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bravo View Post
    By replying directly to the title of your post, I think I can address the entire post rather eloquently,albeit admitting to the smart aleck I am.

"Before you buy a Midget Mustang"... PLEASE test fly an RV-3 !
    May I ask why you state test fly and RV-3? I could see saying fly an RV series airplane. But the RV-3 is a single seat. So if you are going to jump into someones single seat RV way not just jump into your own Midget Mustang.

Tony

I have flown from the back of a RV-8A. Was a great little ship but I do not have the cash for a RV.

The reason is the difficulty of the build.

The plans are old so I talked to the factory about updated ones and can buy them with a turn in.

The reason is the difficulty of the build.

The plans are old so I talked to the factory about updated ones and can buy them with a turn in.
    Well, difficulty is a relative term.

That is good news about the plans, I presume they will be offering "replacement" pricing?