Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about Malaysian AIrline Flight 370???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    If it's under deep water we may never find it or be unable to recover the boxes that tell the tale.

Joe

Not quite true. A lot of the Air France plane was brought up from very deep south Atlantic water and I think from memory the boxes as well. The submersibles can go to amazing depths. But first, need to find it, if it's in water. Time to call in Scully and Mulder!

OK, I'm seeing the reports that a *second* communications system (separate from the engine one) was reported to have shut down.

Waiting for more data on this. If it was a hostile takeover of the aircraft, seems the hijackers would have killed the transponder *first*, since the presence and use of the transponder is much better known that the peripheral reporting systems....yet that wasn't shut down for another fifteen minutes.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    OK, I'm seeing the reports that a *second* communications system (separate from the engine one) was reported to have shut down.
    Then again, the Wall Street Journal (which originally broke the story) now says, "U.S. investigators suspect Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 flew for hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, based on an analysis of signals sent through the plane's satellite-communication link designed to automatically transmit the status of onboard systems, according to people familiar with the matter. An earlier version of this article and an accompanying graphic incorrectly said investigators based their suspicions on signals from monitoring systems embedded in the plane's Rolls-Royce PLC engines and described that process."

So, sounds like one system....which apparently kept transmitting on its designed spacing.

Ron Wanttaja

Ha, March 2014 FAA requires Lojack on all civil aircraft beginning April 1, 2014

Tim

Everyday this gets scarier.

I really feel sorry for every family member of anyone who was on this airplane and to all those people aboard when this happened. This is so very sad for so many people and in the future this could be so very very bad for so many more people. May God watch over everyone and not let anything bad happen to anymore people.

Scary

Tony
    P.S. I wonder what the fallout from this will be? I am sure things are going to change in someway.

Banned
    It's been buggin' me for over a week but I finally remembered where I'd seen this before. No one can find the plane because it's submerged intact 300 feet underwater. Whoever did this stole the plot line from Airport '77. Find out who/whom on the plane recently viewed this movie and voila, you have the perpetrator(s). Still got to find it though...underwater.

I have emailed this finding to the Malaysian authorities. They replied with thanks and gratitude and are following up. They said they'll keep me in the loop.

http://youtu.be/gZUkfmBCsrE

It seems to me that the nut cases are in full flight, every day as the plane remains missing. Now some people are making a big deal of the pilot having a flight simulator in his home. A charter pilot at our airport yesterday said the co-pilot was suspicious because he was only 27 years old.

I have no inside knowledge, not even much of an educated guess, but I'd bet some money that the plane is on the ocean bottom.

And by the way, please send me your donations. I'll take my minor 90% commission and send the rest on to Tighar and I'm sure they will get started on the search very soon.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-17-2014 at 03:36 PM.

My guess is a progressive and unknown electrical failure - followed by spatial disorientation of the pilots (lost), no communication or navigation - followed by a controlled crash into the Indian Ocean after the plane ran out of fuel. Like US Airways 1549 (Miracle on the Hudson), the plane remained essentially intact, and sunk to the bottom of the Indian ocean. I know there are a lot (a whole lot) of problems with my guesses, but I cannot grasp the lack of a debris field and it may explain the altitude changes.

Daniel

This is one of the more interesting theories as to what happened. It fits what little is known at this point better than many of the other theories floating around out there.

Indian ocean is a biiiiig body of water, and most of your "down low" search planes are going to be limited in how far out they can go in it. Depending on the Australia/Capetown shipping routes, there wouldn't be many nautical observers, etc.

Basic point is that the size of the debris field is meaningless; the number of observers is too scarce, and the wave action too rough for the size to make a difference. By now, anything waterloggable is under water, and everthing that isn't is scattered way too widely. There's a lot of junk out there. Was on a cruise to Hawaii once, and saw a green suitcase just floating along. Typical merchant ship is not going to heave to in order to gather every bit of trash.

Best bet is a naval ship getting out there quickly enough to detect the signals from the black box.

As to why? My guess is either suicide or a botched hijacking. "Botched" as in unable to navigate the plane, afterwards.

Ron Wanttaja