Thread: Fuel Gauge PA-15/17

Fuel Gauge PA-15/17

Have a Vagabond with a seep around the fuel gauge. Tried to make a tool to remove the gauge but the effort was not successful. Someone said that it is a Ford Model A gauge but it looks different in pictures. Help?
    The journey is the reward.

I believe you're correct about the Ford parts being somewhat the same, and I think the Aeronca Champ gauges are like yours. I can do some more research for you tomorrow when I have more time. Or you can look at the forum posts on the fuel system on the Aeronca web site.

http://www.joea.com/phpBB2/

Site recommended Mike's "A" Ford-Able Parts as a place to look for tools etc.. Great suggestion! I purchased a new used gauge on eBay and maybe the tools from Mike's. I,m afraid the former owner might have taken the easy way and sealed the gauge with mystery gook. Maybe Mike's has some mystery solvent..... Thanks Champ Driver

You're welcome, sometimes these little planes have common parts, it's just a matter of finding the information.
    Next time you're at a car show look at the Ford Model A's.

I do have the tool that you can borrow, if you need, and I think I still have some parts for the gauge. I bought them for my Vagabond, but had the tank re-built and he put a new gauge in at that time.

Jim Hudgin

Almost flying season in Ohio so I have to get fixed!!! Have a picture maybe? Be glad to buy, rent whatever. And who rebuilds our tanks? Thanks, P.Name:  Vagabond.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  64.6 KB