Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking a Really big favor from anyone that might be interested...

Mike, just come to warbirds at the first of the week, and meet some folks, and ask politely. Best to come early in the morning when the flight line is open and pilots are not busy with the briefing for the show. If you meet me, I can introduce you to some of the folks, but really don't need me. Now don't have a thin skin, you may ask 5 people and get 3 no's, but just persist politely. I used to go every year to the ultralight area and beg/bargain for a ride. Got some No s, but got a ride almost every year.
    I don't have a warbird there this year, or you would be welcome to use mine.
    As for models, there is a famous warbird calender , based I think in Dallas with some great looking girls in the Vargas style and with warbirds.
    I don't know of any pilots that don't like ladies, but I can't speak for all these jet guys who ride around in air conditioned cockpits. To each his own. And pilots/owners almost always like to have good photos of their planes, and sometimes are too busy to take em themselves.
    If you were using my plane, I'd have to supervise and the less clothes the model wears the closer I'd have to supervise to make sure she doesn't hit any sharp or hot parts.

We just had a 1930s/1940s style dance at Boulder airport with many people in vintage costumes, some of which were pretty small. There were lots of photos taken of girls up on the wing of a twin Beech, etc, and everyone had a good time. In 32 years of being around warbirds I have never heard or seen of anyone objecting to sharp ladies being photographed with hot planes. As far as using a F-16 rather than something classic, that is a matter of taste.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-06-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Thunderbirds Parking

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    Will they? They show manual would seem to suggest they will be parked at show center.
    You may very well be right. I'm not involved with keeping up to almost daily changes. Past experience indicates that even if they are parked at show center just prior to the performance, they WILL NOT be accessable to the public. Usually they are in an area that can be seen by the public as part of the performance with ground crews and "precission" run-ups. Thanks!

Bill, thank you for the very kind offer. I'm sorry to hear that your "warbird" will not be attending this year. I have always been a fan of those vintage aircraft, nose art and the ladies who inspire us with the Vargas, Petty, Elvgrin and Frahm styles. Don't be suprised if I DO look you up, and YES, you are more than welcome to help "supervise". Thanks, Mike.

P.S. I've always thought that it was better to mentor than discourage the next generation. We attend car shows and always let young people sit in our car. The same policy has been used for local fly-ins with kids and our rental aircraft. Just seems to be a lot more fun "sharing".

Bill where is a "good" place to find you in Warbirds?
    Thanks!