Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear a flight jacket?

Now I like that Galin.

Nose art is next for my airplane too, or I should say its on the list. The list keeps growing....lol

Tony
    Last edited by 1600vw; 03-16-2014 at 06:27 PM.

I have two flight suits I bought off ebay in the early 20somethings to wear to the party at Tail Hook in 2010. One is the sage green of my class 70-1 and one is a USAF one. I later bought a new leather flight jacket that was being sold on "We Served Together" a USMC group site. I could not buy it from them though I was able to buy it direct. At that time the pilots were discouraged from wearing off base and the crew chiefs wanted them also. I also bought a really inexpensive puffy sleeves satinish jacket with an orange Interceptor reverse.

I also acquired specific patches for the aircraft I caused to be highly modified or to become inventory for those services. I keep them in the pockets as the aircraft were only data when I knew them. The two things I explored and then let go are a nice pair of steel toe flight boots as used by Skyhawk pilots where the seat had to be slid back to eject. I looked very closely at the Navy Air Museum in Pensacola. I also looked at helmets. The acceptance test pilots I knew at Douglas who were billeted for the Skyhawks never wore helmets when I was around them. When 1st Lt."Bunkie" Bjerke flew up to Long Beach from San Diego in an adversary "Mongoose" with Soviet camo and bolted slats and only HF I was charged with keeping him away from the DC-10's on the flight line as the government has no insurance and must agree to be sued. I think he left his helmet in the plane to spend the day and review my demonstration. He definitely did not wear a jacket. ("BE aggressive---in the club!!) Everyone I ever met at the Pentagon 1965-1981 wore civilian clothes. Those in Air Force System Command and Naval Operations or Systems Command, who were military, also wore civilian clothes.

Just today I wore my leather flight jacket with the big red USMC seal on the back past my neighbor's house where he has a USMC seal on a post in his front yard. It was 50F as I walked. The sun became warm. It's from Vintage leather and has a satin quilted lining. Still not too warm at 60F. My down filled quilted poofy jacket from Eddy Bauer I wore to Heathrow direct in 2016 on the 787 and back is contaminated right now from potential CoVID19 due to a laser TURPS follow-up.

Is there some particular reason that you keep bringing up posts made several years ago? Reading old posts is one thing, but bringing them back after several years is a different animal, unless there's a good reason.
    Last edited by lnuss; 04-16-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Larry N.

stay home order is taking it's toll.....

The reply to thread over on the left will bring up the thread but keep your reply at the end of the thread. The Reply or Reply with quote that is in the ribbon is only for that specific response of which the ribbon is the lower boundary.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsegment View Post
    The reply to thread over on the left will bring up the thread but keep your reply at the end of the thread. The Reply or Reply with quote that is in the ribbon is only for that specific response of which the ribbon is the lower boundary.
    What question is that answering?

Larry N.

I only feel safe flying in Nomex... its funny, not the suit but some TSA officials reaction to it...
    Name:  AlitaliaAirlines.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  54.6 KB

Bob

There's a couple of outfits that make backpacks that look like military parachutes. I've been wanting to buy one to haul my computer aboard commercial airliners, once they start running again....

https://www.amazon.com/WolfWarriorX-.../dp/B07QDMLWPP

https://www.opsgear.com/products/mil...or-bug-out-bag

Ron Wanttaja

Oh that backpack looks so great. See...sometimes replying to old threads can be fun!

i am trying to convince my wife that this would be the perfect Oshkosh daypack...and, like Ron, having fun thinking about wearing this through a TSA checkpoint. Wife: TSA? What about the lady sitting next to you on the plane? Son: if you have that on the plane, you really need to wear goggles, too.

oh, yes...
    Last edited by Mayhemxpc; 04-19-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com