Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight Instructor Attitudes

Yes sir and your correct. Please know that I do not thing all instructors are as such, just in my case.

Than you fro your reply sir.

Yeah hard to find a good one. They all have their own ideas on how to fly as well. Some are chicken as well. I've had all types. The best was the one that wanted me to do a 360 and complained when I used the rudder and made coordinated roll out to straight and level. That was the goofiest thing ever. I decided to stop right there and haven't gone up since, that was over 20 years ago, and at that time it had been about 16 or so years since I had flown. Instructors do more to discourage students than anything.

I have a friend that wants to get her PPL. I AM NOT a CFI. But, my plan is to help her as much as I can, even letting her use my airplane (at not cost/charge) to get her license. I can teach her basic stuff, like steering on the ground, coordinated turns, leaning procedures, etc.
    Then, my daughter, who IS a CFI can do the real instructing. My daughter absolutely LOVES instructing and has said so MANY times. One of her goals is to instruct for the airline she flies for.

Your daughter would likely enjoy the new Tami Jo Schultz book, NERVES OF STEEL, by the former F-18 and Southwest Airline pilot, I did and you can read it in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Your daughter would likely enjoy the new Tami Jo Schultz book, NERVES OF STEEL, by the former F-18 and Southwest Airline pilot, I did and you can read it in 2 days.

She may have already read it, I'll have to ask her.