Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team AeroDynamix Shut Out of Airventure????

Put me down as another one on the "I wanna see 'em at AirVenture" list!

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    4 pages of "what's your favorite airshow routine?" on this forum, and nobody mentioned AeroDynamix.
    I'll put on my Nomex and get into this one. I thought AeroDynamix was boring. The planes aren't extreme in their flying like a Pitts or an Extra. They aren't loud commanding attention like a Stearman or T-6. They don't have awe inspiring history like the Warbirds do, or the speed of the jet displays. Sure, they fly very precise routines, but they don't have the "it" factor. I also thought they were too busy, too much going on at once. There was this happening here, that happening over there, they were all over the place.
    Yes Yes and Yes .They are boring.Don't get me wrong they are a great bunch of dedicated pilots but they don't move me .On a scale of 1 to 10 they are "cute".
    Just my opinion which won't amount to much but that's my vote.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    How's that possible? Attending Oshkosh for 30 years and you're not a pilot? Whatever happened to cause and effect? Nothing rubbed off? You must be made of Teflon.
    Why must one be a pilot to love aviation? I use to thinK I wanted to be a pilot, until I tried it. I have this little problem of my brain saying to left and my body going right. Sure I could probably train myself out of it, but I just love to fly, but I don't want to be in control. Is that so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Why must one be a pilot to love aviation? I use to thinK I wanted to be a pilot, until I tried it. I have this little problem of my brain saying to left and my body going right. Sure I could probably train myself out of it, but I just love to fly, but I don't want to be in control. Is that so bad?
    I'm thinking Floats' post was more sarcasm than it was criticism. He even provided a wink smiley. Of course, the smileys still suck on this forum, so that doesn't help much.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anymouse View Post
    I'm thinking Floats' post was more sarcasm than it was criticism. He even provided a wink smiley. Of course, the smileys still suck on this forum, so that doesn't help much.
    To krw920: It wasn't sarcasm and it sure as hell wasn't criticism. It was tongue planted securely in cheek!! Hence the winkie. Geez! I'm selling sense of humour...cheap. How much ya want?

LOL...I got it! I just frustrate myself as I love to fly, but just don't feel I would make a good pilot, so I never took the initiative to do it. Just wish I had a few friends to catch a ride with once and awhile. Comercial just is a bus ride, small planes are fun!

Count my vote for TEAM AERODYNAMIX!

Dear EAA,
    Please don't forget your roots as an organization of homebuilders. Aircraft builders are the heart of your success, and Team AeroDynamix represents the epitome of sport aviation discipline, professionalism and skill.
    As I recall the daily airshows over the last few years, I have seen an extensive representation by competition aerobatic performers and warbirds, but relatively little from the homebuilders or antique/classic community. Team AeroDynamix does a great show; one which speaks to the dreamers in the crowed who might some day build an airplane. Please find a place for them at AirVenture.

Rob Erdos
    Ottawa, Canada

I rise in support of Team Aerodynamix at Airventure 2014. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed their performance last year. I have noticed since Mr Pelton took the helm that the EAA has been much more responsive to members input. I hope this is the case here. Their show was very beautiful and an excellent display of their formation flying talents.

While I like some the solo acts, my favorites are the ones that involve multiple ships, so I, too, am in favor of seeing Team Aerodynamix perform at Airventure 2014.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    LOL...I got it! I just frustrate myself as I love to fly, but just don't feel I would make a good pilot, so I never took the initiative to do it. Just wish I had a few friends to catch a ride with once and awhile. Comercial just is a bus ride, small planes are fun!
    If you don't mind I'd like to offer some encouragement and advice. Firstly you need an attitude adjustment and a positive outlook. Your fears and anxiety are getting in the way of doing what you say you "love". It doesn't matter what you think, it's irrelevant, because what you think could be barriers and limitations may not be the case because you've never tried to test them. They may in fact be irrational.

This is what I suggest you do. If you have the financial resources and have some disposable income of about $500 to start, check out flight schools at non-controlled airports in your area(if available), visit them and then choose one that gives you confidence and a high degree of comfort level. Talk to instructors and choose one that thoroughly understands and appreciates your anxieties but be positive and enthusiastic in letting him/her know you want to try it out for about 3 hours of dual instruction. Don't sign up for any course, don't purchase ground school materials, don't get a student medical. All you want to do now is sit in the left seat and get some primary instruction to test yourself. 3 hours should be sufficient for you and the instructor to determine if you can do this in a relaxing, comfortable manner and you will instinctively know if you have the basic skills to go further. If you're not a big guy, take the instruction in a tricycle gear aircraft. A C150 or 152 will be your cheapest platform to allow you to maximize your money and therefore time in the air.

Let me know your thoughts.