Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts about Gyroplanes...

Thanks
    I have a e-mail off to them but I haven heard back from ham yet
    Bill.

PRA's list of instructors is ten years out dated
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gratriex View Post
    PRA's list of instructors is ten years out dated
    That has been my experience as well.

Powered Sport Flying Magazine regularly publishes lists of instructors across the gamut of categories the magazine covers... ultralights, airplanes, weight shift, powered parachute and gyros. These lists are kept current. I will ask Roy Beisswenger if I can reprint the gyro list in this thread.

John

If you let me know your location I will let you know of the gyro instructors and locations that I know. Please be aware that I am familiar with mostly 'modern gyro' instructors. Auto-Gyro now has their own internal 'certification standard/accreditation' of gyro instructors. Not all are listed on PRA. Modern gyros are one of the fastest growing segments of aviation in Europe. Here in the US we are held back somewhat by the lack of certified ready-to-fly aircraft. Don't let building a gyro hold you back though. Auto-Gyro's kits go together quickly (with builder assistance or build centers) in about 80hrs in most cases. All thee Auto-Gyro kits are on the official 51% list.
    -Bob

I am located in Susanville Ca.
    That's in the north-east corner.
    Bill

Bill,
    I know of quality instruction by Mike Burton in Spanish Fork, Utah (AirGyro Aviation)... they are using a Calidus and soon will have a Cavalon on line. We will have a new dealer, Cammie Patch (Glass Cockpit Aviation), in the Boise, Idaho area that will be offering instruction in a Calidus very soon. Unfortunately, gyro instructors are not at every airport. The two that I have mentioned are not only FAA certificated but have also passed the Auto-Gyro Certified Flight Instructor course. You can be assured they will give you quality instruction.
    -Bob

Thanks Bob
    I'll look in to that.
    The guy in Scappoose Or. didn't bother to answer my e-mail.
    Bill

If you are interested in gyros, next week in Wachula, FL is the annual Bensen Days rotor flyin. There should be 75+ gyros there along with some instructors that you can get intro flights with.

http://www.bensendays.us.com/

Harold

If FL is too far, PRA has an annual event in Mentone, IN during Aug.

In 2012 I went for one day with my boys and we had a great time. LOTS of gyros, plus home of a gyro museum - I had no idea!