Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your thoughts about Gyroplanes...

Perhaps the group on this thread will appreciate knowing that some years ago a gyro kit manufacturer went to trial against a family that blamed his death on the design of the gyro. The jury learned all about gyroplanes over the next few weeks. In the end, not only did the manufacturer prevail, but one of the jurors bought a kit for himself.

One way of drumming up sales

Post KitPlane magazine

The most recent issue of KitPlanes has my Sport Copter Vortex gyro plane on the front cover and a story inside. To talk to Sport Copter, phone them at 503-543-7000. Jim Vanek is just too busy to do email. I have had the same problem. Jim does a great job of instruction for those who buy his kits.
    Powered Sport flying magazine carried two of my stories about learning to fly a gyro at Scappoose, OR, and another one about the test flights.
    I first got interested in gyro planes down on the farm at Oshkosh. Gyro flying is the most fun an old tail wheel commercial pilot can have.

The April issue of Powered Sport Flying Magazine will include a current list of Gyroplane CFIs. The issue can be found at Barnes and Noble, Hastings or by subscription in a week or so.

John Craparo
    EAA Lifetime
    youcanflynow.com
    ASEL, ASES, GYR, GLI, LTA, PPC, AGI, LSRM - AP, GLI, PPC, WSC