Thread: Rotax 2 stroke maintenance service

Rotax 2 stroke maintenance service

I have a Rotax 582. I live in NW New Jersey. I cannot find a Rotax service center that still does 2 stroke maintenance. Every center that I called from the Rotax online list only does 4 stroke work.

Does anyone know of any location, individual or centers, that can do Rotax 2 stroke service?

A friend who flies behind- or in his case in front of- a Rotax has sent his off to Lockwood Aviation, I believe.

He's had the engine rebuilt at least once in roughly 25 years.

I found this link; hope it helps. http://www.lockwoodaviationrepair.com/
    Last edited by Skyhook; 02-25-2014 at 12:48 PM.

STEVE BEATTY7308 W. GRIFFIN LN
    GLENDALE, AZ 85303
    Phone 623-842-3902

Knowledgeable, fair, trustworthy - based on my experience as his customer several years ago. Not sure if Steve is still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by NJMike View Post
    I have a Rotax 582. I live in NW New Jersey. I cannot find a Rotax service center that still does 2 stroke maintenance. Every center that I called from the Rotax online list only does 4 stroke work.

Does anyone know of any location, individual or centers, that can do Rotax 2 stroke service?

Maybe I misled everyone. Sorry about that. I'm trying to find someone near me...or within a reasonable flying distance.

There is a place nearby that will remove the engine and ship it to Lockwood. And I may have to do that at overhaul. But for now I just need help performing those maintenance items that I'm not qualified to do by myself.

NJMike:

Try posting on Homebuilt Airplanes.com too. It has a section of the forum devoted to two-stroke engines.

http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/forum.php

Don

If I had a two stroke and it need work it would be calling a man by the name of Rotax Rick. I have in fact delt with this man and he built me an engine. You can do a search and everyone who deals with this man has nothing but good things to say about him. He stands behind his work to.

Google Rotax Rick and you will find him.

Tony