Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sun-n-Fun

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    One thing you should strongly consider doing is visiting Fantasy of Flight in Polk City. Kermit Weeks has created a beautiful facility with a lot of unique planes.

Unfortunately, it looks like attendance isn't what he's hoped for, and the facility will close to the general public on April 6.

see https://www.facebook.com/fantasyofflight

It will still be available for group events, but it looks like Kermit is going to concentrate on aircraft restoration there.

I really like the look of that Officer's Club he's made there, along with the exhibit of the WWII B-17 maintenance.
    Unfortunately, they announced it's closing yesterday.......
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Unfortunately, it looks like attendance isn't what he's hoped for, and the facility will close to the general public on April 6.
    That's a shame -- I went there a few years back, and it's a wonderful experience. I went after attending my son's Army basic training graduation in Georgia. But I'm not fond of Florida, so I'd probably never get back there, even if it were still open.

Larry N.

Well I would love to go the entire week, but I have to be careful with finances. I am still a student pilot, so I am paying for that in cash, and Oshkosh this year is my big trip and main goal. (I will have my PPL for sure before Oshkosh, I most likely will not have it in time for SNF). I don't have much to go, however mother nature is less than kind to us in the northeast. WLIU you are totally correct, after this winter, the break is much needed!!!!!!!!!! This winter has been harsh and I havent been able to get much flying in, (other than a trip to see my sister on southwest haha). So I am in some serious need!! Thanks so much for all the info, I know its hard to pick one day to go, but I do want to go. Once I get where I want to be with all my ratings, I'll be able to go and not have to worry about finances.

Quote Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
    Unfortunately, they announced it's closing yesterday.......
    Kermit should've made the place a "fly-to destination" or put the facility at a public airport.