Thread: Questions for Bob Hoover ( Sport Aviation Heroes & Legends)

Question Questions for Bob Hoover ( Sport Aviation Heroes & Legends)

Hi everyone!
    We're working on some upcoming Heroes & Legends interviews for Sport Aviation Magazine and one of the people we'll be talking to very soon is aviation legend Bob Hoover. So tell me, if you had a few minutes with The Pilots' Pilot, what would you ask?

The Air Capital of the World: Wichita, Kansas

Your Friend Moya Lear

I'd ask you for your favorite Moya story. I heard her tell a few about you, so it's only fair.

Question to Bob Hoover

Dear Bob, You've seriously infected my mind with the need to learn about physics in flight while operating an airplane! I've shown your movies to my two little Young Eagles after our recent visit to Oshkosh and they were in awe about the flying skills you showed. What is needed to get student pilots understanding more about Physics In Flight? Would it be more theory or requiring more time by doing? My smallest son (8) asked me: Where did Bob learn to fly that way?

Hunter Valley in New South Wales Australia

My question to Mr Hoover

No doubt Bob Hoover has flown many aircraft during his career. What i would like to ask is, if there has been any aircraft that he has not flown but would have liked to had the opportunity arisen. And why?

Thanks
    Steve Robards
    aka 'ozzie'

Is the story about George Welch exceeding the speed of soundwhile piloting a North American F-86 in a dive true?

Shocked Aircraft not to fly

Mr. Hoover,

As an adjunct to the question about whether there are any aircraft you haven't flown, but would like to, are there any which you have flown but wouldn't want to have the experience again?

HockeyDadPaul

Brookhaven

Mr. Hoover-
    At one of your Oskosh forurms you mentioned that you spent some time on Long Island doing test work for the Navy. We might have had a chance encounter in the '60s. Did you ever keep Old Yeller at Brookhaven Airport?
    Bill Naumuk

I was in Congressman Bob Dornan's office when he got a phone call from you about being grounded from flying an airshow by some incompetent FAA inspector. Congressman Dornan went ballistic and was
    as mad as anyone I have ever seen. What is the real story behind the event?
    Thanks, Stan Sanders