Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Culmination of a dream, or "This is how I roll".

Culmination of a dream, or "This is how I roll".

I've been asked what it's like to fly my RV-6A, a kit plane I built myself over the span of not quite 12 years. That is a question for which there is no single answer; the answers are as varied as the people who build their own aircraft from a kit. This video is my answer to that question.

Last edited by ChiefPilot; 02-18-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Maybe it's my connection of limitation by using my Ipad but, I'm not seeing a video or a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Maybe it's my connection of limitation by using my Ipad but, I'm not seeing a video or a link.
    I think the forum software strips it out for iPads; I see it on my laptop but not my tablet. The direct link is

Came thru fine on my iPad Mini.

Thanks. But now that I've looked at this thread again, the link is now showing.

That's a nice looking panel and Vans RV's, regardless of the model, are some sweet flying machines. I have to ask, where did you get that cool little monkey?

Nice video, and a perfect answer.

That's a nice looking panel and Vans RV's, regardless of the model, are some sweet flying machines. I have to ask, where did you get that cool little monkey?
    Believe me, that FAA monkey is not one you want on your back

Seriously, it is one of my kid's stuffed animals. I made a paper "shirt" and used some image processing tools to put a real monkey grin on it.

Good job on the monkey grin and it looked real to me! Would be neat to have one designed that would grin like that with maneuvers over 1.5 to 2 G's. Hmmmm......

Good job on the monkey grin and it looked real to me! Would be neat to have one designed that would grin like that with maneuvers over 1.5 to 2 G's. Hmmmm......
    One that did it automatically would be pretty cool! It'd sure freak out some passengers I bet!