Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Airventure Concert

Quote Originally Posted by GothiUllr View Post
    I rather like country, but my vote would still go to Jimmy Buffet.
    Believe his contract with Alpine Valley precludes him doing any concerts within X number of miles of Alpine valley. OSH is within X miles. Cost is another factor. Jimmy does not come cheap. Polka is pretty big in Wisconsin. Too bad John Candy is gone or we could have the Schmenge Brothers.

PLEEEEZE no country!

And, while I know they're not a big draw like the ones we've had so far, but Da Blooze Brothers that Ford has had the past two years have done a very very good job. It's all about having fun and enjoying the mood, right!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Banned
    ....And now with the most appropriate music, "Learning to Fly"

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (this is called lobbying folks--the good kind)

http://www.tompetty.com/video/learning-fly-104616

My wife's employer hires "Talents" for customer events from time to time. Even mid tier acts - Pat Benatar, Hall & Oates, Kenny Loggins, etc. are ~$100k. Jimmy Buffet would probably be a lot more, and I can't see EAA springing for $250k or whatever to hire the opening night act - there simply wouldn't be a return on the expense.

But I'd love for it to happen anyway - maybe they could give him free admission, $50k, and let him park his Goose on the square.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I can't see EAA springing for $250k or whatever to hire the opening night act.
    Not to worry...EAA doesn't spring, Ford pays the shot. The Beach Boys, Chicago(twice), Steve Miller Band, REO Speedwagon cost a lot more than the artists you mentioned, much more than $100K I'm sure.

I'd love to see ZZ Top....
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

Jimmy Buffett asked for $1.5 million to play opening day, which included a $500,000 discount on his regular price of $2 million...

My vote (if I had one!) would be Huey Lewis & the News or John Fogerty. If it didn't have to be a family-friendly show, the Dos Gringos band would be a hoot! Hilarious (and totally crude) fighter pilot songs are their specialty.

I'd like to put Mumford & Sons into the suggestion pile. You don't have to answer right now; I will wait for you.
    While not the traditional classic rock, I think their music would appeal to much of the audience.
    Like most everyone here, I have no idea what the cost is.

$1.5M for JB would buy a tanker load of pina coladas.

Edit: Never mind. It looks like they're taking an extended vacation. Reference
    Last edited by PaulDow; 03-18-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rv8bldr View Post
    I'd love to see ZZ Top....
    I was thinking the same thing and the Huey Lewis & the News and Mumford & Son suggestion is another good one. I'm sure of one thing; picking the right genre is no easy task. Maybe a tribute band, like "Brit Floyd." If a person wasn't wiser, they'd think they were listening to Pink Floyd.