Thread: Good news re: Santa monica

Good news re: Santa monica

There is some good news re the Santa Monica, Ca. airport. The city has long been trying to restrict and even close this busy and historic, (former home where Douglas Aircraft built the DC 3s) and vital gen av airport.
    AOPA filed a lawsuit against the city after their recent attack on the airport, where the city basically claimed they soley owned the land and could do whatever they want with it, which is, of course, sell it to develpers.

The federal judge rejected the city claims. This is very important since there are some many gen av airports under attack by greedheads or just anti airplane people. We lost some of these fights, Meigs Field in Chicago, and we won some like St. Pete.Clearwater in Florida.
    I hope everyone is already a member of AOPA,just like EAA, but if not it is cheap to join, and a really good cause.

I may join AOPA again someday. I still have some ill feelings from the "Phil Boyer" days and his misappropriation(s).

Good on you, we just lost our fight to keep Edmonton City Center open. The developers won the day and closed it, oldest registered airport in Canada.
    Interestingly now the whole of downtown Edmonton is uncontrolled airspace, don't go below 1k ft and you can fly at will.

Ray Toews