Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Experimental Turboprop

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gonitzke View Post
    You asked for people who "may have interest in either investing in the company, make an initial purchase at a discount". If anyone is interested in any of those things, they will expect a business plan, specifications, and drawings.
    I also said that I would share more info with people one on one. I'm not going to blast our plans and data on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    If you have a CAD pic I know a lot of us would like to see it.
    I have an initial drawing and we have 3/4 of the airplane modeled in 3D. Those items do not belong to me at this point so I do not have the authority to share them at this time. The engineer that I am partnering up with asked me to keep those to myself and I am going to adhere to his wishes.

If you have a CAD pic I know a lot of us would like to see it.
    Don't hold your breath, Floats. He posted the same thing on homebuiltairplanes.com...the thread's up to four pages, and the only thing he's added is more performance claims.

"The gentleman I am working with has extensive experience designing and building this very type of airplane."

Doesn't this sound like Jim Bede?

(Creaking sound as thousands of EAA'ers rock back to put more weight on their wallets....)

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    "The gentleman I am working with has extensive experience designing and building this very type of airplane."

Ron Wanttaja
    Hope not or any of the other usual suspects from the I Wanna Sell an Airplane Hall of Shame. It could be anybody, maybe even someone legitimate. I know there's a tendency to be cynical in these things(and with good reason for those that have been burned deeply) but we can't paint all new developers/designers/marketers with the same brush or there will be no GA innovation, no investors in GA and nothing new to drool over at Oshkosh.

Hope not or any of the other usual suspects from the I Wanna Sell an Airplane Hall of Shame. It could be anybody, maybe even someone legitimate. I know there's a tendency to be cynical in these things(and with good reason for those that have been burned deeply) but we can't paint all new developers/designers/marketers with the same brush or there will be no GA innovation, no investors in GA and nothing new to drool over at Oshkosh.
    Floats, excellent logic as usual. I agree with the need to nurture new developments.

However, the are usually some good signs when a development should be taken seriously. They answer questions, they provide basic drawings of the aircraft. And they say *who they are*.

A positive example is our friend from Germany who's developing the jet-powered strap-on aircraft. A lot of us (including me) were skeptical when he first posted. Some of the questions (including mine) were pointed.

Did he hide who he was? Did he hold back information? Did he complain that people were being too harsh with their questions?

Nope. He told us his name. He posted more information in response to queries. He even posted videos of his flight tests. He was continually cheery and friendly with his responses...even more amazing, when he was answering technical questions in something other than his native language.

He won a lot of people over, including me. I may still have some skepticism about the project, but there's no question in my mind about the developer's sincerity.

In contrast, of course, we've got the new guy. All he uses is a handle... wants customers to buy a million-dollar product, but doesn't want his name made public. He's not even the designer of the aircraft, he's out drumming up sales and looking for investors. Is he a paid shill, does he earns a commission when someone invests in the product? Both are possible.

Want more information on his product? Too bad. Hand over your private contact information. Gee, I wonder how much a mailing list of people with $1,000,000 extra to spend is worth....

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by gabbett1 View Post
    I have an initial drawing and we have 3/4 of the airplane modeled in 3D. Those items do not belong to me at this point so I do not have the authority to share them at this time. The engineer that I am partnering up with asked me to keep those to myself and I am going to adhere to his wishes.
    I envision a bar napkin with a sketch. And positively, a lot of great creations were birthed in that fashion. But to give a direct response to your posting; there's just too many holes and variables with what you are proposing and most importantly, it appears you are "putting the cart before the horse."

Having a dream is a good thing. But having a plan for that dream is even better. By posting your thread on a public forum, you should be well aware and prepared to at least have something to show other than an idea. If you are looking for investors, you need to go to them instead of the contacting you one one approach. There's too many scammers on this internet and I can't think of any business minded person that will even remotely consider your idea/plan. If I understand correctly, you are "partnering" with your engineer friend and what renderings there are, they don't belong to you. Hence, the reluctance to blast the plans and data on the internet. So in a nut shell, there is no Company, Business, Corporation, or anything necessary to bring something like this to fruition.

Good luck to you in your endeavor. Aviation is a tough market.

"Wow, not a single response to this yet..."

Others have tested the water in that pool, you might want to learn what their considerable experien$e has been. Here is a start point:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Aircraft

Don't hold your breath, Floats. He posted the same thing on homebuiltairplanes.com...the thread's up to four pages, and the only thing he's added is more performance claims.

(Creaking sound as thousands of EAA'ers rock back to put more weight on their wallets....)

Ron Wanttaja
    No, it is not Jim Bede. I don't even know who that is.

Bingo

Floats, excellent logic as usual. I agree with the need to nurture new developments.

However, the are usually some good signs when a development should be taken seriously. They answer questions, they provide basic drawings of the aircraft. And they say *who they are*.

A positive example is our friend from Germany who's developing the jet-powered strap-on aircraft. A lot of us (including me) were skeptical when he first posted. Some of the questions (including mine) were pointed.

Did he hide who he was? Did he hold back information? Did he complain that people were being too harsh with their questions?

Nope. He told us his name. He posted more information in response to queries. He even posted videos of his flight tests. He was continually cheery and friendly with his responses...even more amazing, when he was answering technical questions in something other than his native language.

He won a lot of people over, including me. I may still have some skepticism about the project, but there's no question in my mind about the developer's sincerity.

In contrast, of course, we've got the new guy. All he uses is a handle... wants customers to buy a million-dollar product, but doesn't want his name made public. He's not even the designer of the aircraft, he's out drumming up sales and looking for investors. Is he a paid shill, does he earns a commission when someone invests in the product? Both are possible.

Want more information on his product? Too bad. Hand over your private contact information. Gee, I wonder how much a mailing list of people with $1,000,000 extra to spend is worth....

Ron Wanttaja
    Look, I have no problems saying who I am, but the engineer asked me specifically to not speak of his name because of potential law suit issues with his prior company. I can't say more than that.

You guys aren't posting questions. Your attacking me and being very harsh. There hasn't been discussion, there has been rock throwing and me trying to dodge.